Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What tv character do you identify with?

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:32 am
You know how sometimes you watch something and think, "omg this person is just like me. I would totally do/say that." Sometimes the people you identify are opposites on TV, but we are such complex people we have different aspects of ourselves that are represented on tv.

I identify very much with Kate Pearson from This is Us. (I have similar insecurities--even though I am thin and pretty--similar work issues, dreams, relationship patterns)

I also identify with both Phoebe and Rachel from Friends--and those two seem like opposites. (phoebe because I can be ditzy and funny and clueless, and rachel because I can be high maintenance, superficial, emotional, and s-xy)
And Caroline from two broke girls (I relate very much to coming from money but not having it now)

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:55 am
I ralate to Kristina from parenthood

bigsis144

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:07 am
Chidi from The Good Place
Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation
Allura Vysoren and Keyleth from Critical Role (web series, not tv)

Last edited by bigsis144 on Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total

groovy1224

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:09 am
Chandler from friends, Dr. House from House

glamourmom

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:21 am
I'd love to be able to identify with personalities like Serena Van der Woodsen from GG, Brooke Davis from OTH, or Jo Wilson from Grey's.
ahh, to be so beautiful.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 9:47 am
I love this topic!!!
All my life I've related to Rory from Gilmore Girls. This year I got a shock when I realized that I've actually become Lorelai... a snarky and eccentric 32 year old single mom
I also related to Dorothy Szbornak from the Golden Girls (too tall, too intellectual, too misanthropic)
I wish more people would post replies!

Last edited by urban gypsy on Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

shoshiesavannah

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:00 am
glamourmom wrote:
I'd love to be able to identify with personalities like Serena Van der Woodsen from GG, Brooke Davis from OTH, or Jo Wilson from Grey's.
ahh, to be so beautiful.

AHHHH another OTH fan! I didn’t think they existed anymore!

sequoia

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:33 am
Rebecca Bunch

glamourmom

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:38 am
shoshiesavannah wrote:
AHHHH another OTH fan! I didn’t think they existed anymore!

I watched the show TWICE. I think I cried when I finished it, I was so disappointed it was over.

CatLady

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:49 am
I wanted to be Mary Richards, but I turned into Rhoda Morgenstern with a heaping helping of Dorothy Szbornak.

Redbird

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 11:33 am
Sarah braverman from parenthood. (A hot mess of a mom.)

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 11:35 am
Is this weird? I watch a lot of tv shows and never found myself identifying with anyone at all.
Should I make my own tv show? 😂

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 12:01 pm
CatLady wrote:
I wanted to be Mary Richards, but I turned into Rhoda Morgenstern with a heaping helping of Dorothy Szbornak.

Did you have to take the subway to your wedding?

watergirl

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 12:32 pm
Chandler Bing. Could I BE any more sarcastic?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 12:36 pm
It's funny, I usually find more of my husband in various characters than myself. He's in general very eccentric, exactly the kind of person who would be a character in a TV show or movie. I'm just boring, I guess.

urban gypsy

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 12:40 pm
amother wrote:
It's funny, I usually find more of my husband in various characters than myself. He's in general very eccentric, exactly the kind of person who would be a character in a TV show or movie. I'm just boring, I guess.

Examples please

shoshiesavannah

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 1:34 pm
glamourmom wrote:
I watched the show TWICE. I think I cried when I finished it, I was so disappointed it was over.

I’ve watched it several times too and even live close enough to the filming location that I’ve met some of the actors and toured the sets and locations. Very cool experience! OTH forever Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 11:21 am
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111932/

Cybill Shepherd, in pretty much anything, but this show in particular.

She plays an actress who isn't getting roles anymore, because she's past a "certain age", and not stick thin. She talks a lot about the need for more variety of representation of women's beauty, Hollywood and advertising hypocrisy, and much more. Very funny, but makes excellent points at the same time. I like her because she feels very "real".

I'm also told I look a lot like her, especially when I had blond hair.

On the other hand, if you mess with me, I turn into Red from Orange is the New Black. Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics