Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
If gift giving is your love language.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 1:19 pm
Spin off of this thread.
My love language is far from gifts. I love getting them, but I don't care that much and in the same vein, I'm very bad at giving them. How insulted are you when you don't receive a gift? Not from a loved one, but other times when it's kind of expected.

I do give gifts, but I don't always think of it.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 1:32 pm
Yes. It is! I love giving gifts!!! It makes me happy.

honeymoon

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 1:47 pm
I love giving and receiving gifts but I don't expect them.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 3:04 pm
I love giving gifts. I don't like getting them. DH is the same way, so we both end up giving each other things the other person doesn't want.

mig100

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 3:23 pm
No its not. I would never want dh to buy expensive or frequent gifts.

To me that just feels wrong like I dont need gifts to show u love m e. I'd rather nice words or spending time together by far

I don't like getting hostess gifts either.

Business gifts r only one of appreciate at all. Since that's more formal setting

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 4:01 pm
To me it's not the gift so much as the sentiment behind it, though I like getting gifts if they're something I'll use. I'm ok with a card on a special occasion, better than a gift that was obviously picked up at the dollar store at the last minute out of obligation, or one that was just as obviously something the giver coveted and not something chosen with my covets in mind.

cm

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 4:13 pm
It depends on the situation. Dh and I generally do not exchange gifts for birthdays, etc. We are not offended because that is how our relationship is - we express our feelings for one another in other ways.

In the linked thread, the situation is about people who are receiving a *huge* favor but not acknowledging their hosts in any tangible way. Very rude. A thank-you note would do.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 11:50 am
I love gifts. But I don't want to receive them or give them to non close people.

dankbar

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 7:26 pm
I love giving gifts.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:33 am
yo'ma wrote:
Spin off of this thread.
My love language is far from gifts. I love getting them, but I don't care that much and in the same vein, I'm very bad at giving them. How insulted are you when you don't receive a gift? Not from a loved one, but other times when it's kind of expected.

I do give gifts, but I don't always think of it.

It seems like most posters misunderstood my question. I bolded the question. I would like to know to know if I should be more aware.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics