Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job ideas please

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:42 am
Hi everyone,

I'm considering looking for a new job and want to hear some opinions. Currently I work in a local organization in a slightly management style role and the pay is ok. The issue is that I know they won't raise my salary all that much in the coming years and I can't really manage on it with more children than I have now. I'm also looking for a bit of a change of scenery and would like to broaden my horizons.

I'm looking for a job that I can work until 2:00 pm (I'm open to doing work at home in the evenings as well but I want to be there when my little ones come home), I want to work with people, preferably children, in an educational or emotional health capacity, I don't want to get a Masters but I'd definitely be open to taking a course or two if needed and possibly get a bachelor's but I'd have to be really convinced it's a good idea and I'd want to earn $30+ per hour.

Does anything of the sort even exist?

watergirl

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:26 am
You’re asking for a huge salary, short hours, and you have no degree. I’ve never heard of such a job working with kids that pays so well. Even with a BA degree.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:36 am
I've taught many people that if you wanna get your dream job, you gotta do the work.
Think of jobs you'd consider working for, where would you like to work?
Literally call them up and ask if they happen to have a position for you! Tell them what you're good at, why you feel your be an asset for their business (what can you add by being a loyal employee for them).
That's a way to get a great position. I've tried that tactic and it worked well. The advertised ads are usually not very well paid or axactly what you'd like. Talking from experience.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:48 am
watergirl wrote:
You’re asking for a huge salary, short hours, and you have no degree. I’ve never heard of such a job working with kids that pays so well. Even with a BA degree.

I'm not expecting $30 at entry level. I thought that with a few years of experience, such a salary is realistic. At my current job, I earn $18 an hour and I get between $0.50-$1 per hour raise every year but I can't see the organization paying me more than $25-27 an hour ever so I'd like to do whatever coursework I'd have to do now when I have the time and brain space for it. If getting $30 per hour is completely unrealistic without a degree then I suppose I should stay in my position

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
I've taught many people that if you wanna get your dream job, you gotta do the work.
Think of jobs you'd consider working for, where would you like to work?
Literally call them up and ask if they happen to have a position for you! Tell them what you're good at, why you feel your be an asset for their business (what can you add by being a loyal employee for them).
That's a way to get a great position. I've tried that tactic and it worked well. The advertised ads are usually not very well paid or axactly what you'd like. Talking from experience.

I don't have a dream job though. I want to work with people in a social worker style capacity but without a Master's degree. Educational field is nice too. I'm looking for help brainstorming

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:54 am
Tutoring? Coaching for parents?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 12:18 pm
watergirl wrote:

I did. Playgroup morahs often make that much.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 12:35 pm
watergirl wrote:

This I work in a school. I only have a ba. I get a salaried wage so I get paid for vacations. I’m home for my little kids but if you work out my salary it comes out to eighteen an hour.you aren’t going to get better then that

sub

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 12:43 pm
In Brooklyn There are facilitators like “proud moments” that pay 20-25 an hour to assist ABA providers.
Our son was paid over 25 an hour with no degree to work with special needs boys. He went grocery shopping with them. Took them to shul for minyon and swimming. He had a lifeguard certificate and was taking emt courses
Perhaps this is something you have in your area. You could work with younger boys or any age girls.
Our son was told that if goes for a BA his pay would be raised.
If course be aware that 25 an hour after babysitting, taxes and travel isn’t much

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:13 pm
Nurses get payed over 30$/he starting. If you work nights you can be home when kids get home. Always home if a kid is sick or has a play/party. Good benefits. Definitely not an easy job though. Depending on where you live the job only requires an associates. Tri-state area you'll need a bachelor's to find a job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics