Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms!!! What do I need to do??

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 7:32 pm
Uggggh I'm so grossed out. Just found a worm on my 4 y/o daughter. It's been more than a year since the last time. We have the Reece's medicine and I will dose everyone in the morning, but I can't take it because I'm nursing. Can my baby (5 months) get worms??

Question for all you experienced moms. What do I need to do tomorrow to clean everything out? Linens, towels, carpets, underwear (I just did the laundry!!)... do I wash stuffed animals that are on the bed? Clean the bathroom? How many more times to I need to wash towels and sheets after the initial washing? Do I need to wash everyone's linens and towels? Nails are all already short.

I want to make sure it's good and gone but I also want to cry because I have so much to do and this is totally going to throw off my week.

Please please help me with a list of stuff that I need to do. I'm going crazy here. TIA TMI Banging head

flowerpower

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 7:53 pm
One of my kids are prone to pinworms. Whenever she eats a little too much sugar chances are she will get it. I give pinnex and wash her sheets and pjs in hot water. The end. No need to go all crazy. It’s not lice that can be everywhere.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 8:20 pm
For a natural alternative try pumpkin seeds or chia seeds. Have her eat at least a handful every day now. It works like magic by me when my child overdoses on sugar.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 8:22 pm
flowerpower wrote:
One of my kids are prone to pinworms. Whenever she eats a little too much sugar chances are she will get it. I give pinnex and wash her sheets and pjs in hot water. The end. No need to go all crazy. It’s not lice that can be everywhere.

Bless you flowerpower LOL I feel a little better now. And thanks Aqua, I actually have some pumpkin seeds in the house. She hasn't had that much sugar lately.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 10:49 pm
Pinworm eggs actually do end up everywhere. That's why it's so hard to combat. Pinworms lay 15,000 eggs at a time. If they're on your child's sheet and you as much as give it a little shake, the eggs get into the air and can settle on anything.

There's a limit to what you can do though, so I would focus on keeping her nails short and washing her underwear and linens.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 10:54 pm
Yes the eggs are everywhere and chances are that if one family member has it, then all do.
You need to wash everything with very hot water and use the dryer.
I’m hearing and reading that fermented vegetables help.
Good luck.
This is not a pleasant topic or situation.

hotzenplotz

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 5:39 am
remedy for pinworms:

inserts a liquid garlic in the form of gel tablets into the child, like you do with a suppository. (shmeared with vaseline of course). It kills the pinworms and eggs all the way up the digestive system.
It is available at health food stores, made by Solgar.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 6:07 am
Thanks everyone. Her sheets and pjs and stuffed animals are already in the dryer and I’m wiping the bathrooms with Clorox wipes. Everyone already took the meds (not very happily...) and I’m going to vacuum her room and pray for the best.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:01 am
hotzenplotz wrote:
remedy for pinworms:

inserts a liquid garlic in the form of gel tablets into the child, like you do with a suppository. (shmeared with vaseline of course). It kills the pinworms and eggs all the way up the digestive system.
It is available at health food stores, made by Solgar.

My friend tried this for her child who kept getting pinworms and it did not work at all.

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:33 am
My favorite that saved my sanity. Pindrops from herbari. Worked magic for my kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics