Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Only in the movies!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:46 pm
The alarm clock rings and they rub their eyes and need to figure out where they are, seem confused.
My alarm clock rings and I jump out of bed because the kids need to get dressed, eat breakfast and get onto that school bus on time! No time for me to figure out or think "How did I get here?".

shanie5

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:48 pm
How come they can drive cars while facing their passengers and not get into an accident?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:59 pm
essie14 wrote:
Kids rooms are immaculately decorated.

Always a stunning baby room that I drool over.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 5:01 pm
shanie5 wrote:
How come they can drive cars while facing their passengers and not get into an accident?

Their car goes 120 mph, they fly over bridges and lakes, past fire, crash into 3 other cars, get shot at 40 times, yet walk out unharmed.

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

BTova

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 5:07 pm
Their homes are always clean!! No matter how many kids live there, whenever they enter it’s always clean and put together.

rowo

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 5:15 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Thier water always breaks when having a baby. It’s really not thaaaaaat common.

When I went into labor with my fourth, I woke up in the middle of the night when my waters broke. I woke up my husband laughing because of how dramatic it was.
(Took a few days of on and off labor till baby actually arrived...)

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 6:32 pm
Why do they never check their caller id in the movies? People answer the phone and assume it's a specific person so they start saying whatever they want to say to that person, and of course it's the absolute worst person they could have said it to.

Also, they can be in a group of people, and have whispered conversations with one of those people , and none of the other people hear what they say or express any curiosity about it.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:00 pm
shanie5 wrote:

Are you asking this genuinely? I once watched a behind the scene clip where the car is on a flatbed trailer so it seems like they're driving and everything is moving past them but they're really not driving.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
Surprised no one mentioned this, but the homes people live in! Everyone lives in a really nice house or amazing apartment in a real happening part of the city, even characters who are supposed to be poor or struggling. And somehow everyone has time to hang out in cafes all day long and get into shenanigans (ok, I think that's more of a sitcom thing. But still).

ThiS!!!!! Seriously I've never ever seen a show or movie where people's homes were a representation of their income.

Also background music when something scary/romantic/ sad happens.

And people sleeping with everyone in their circle of friends and everyone still staying friends. As if people wouldn't hold grudges

Bsimcha

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:16 pm
BTova wrote:
Their homes are always clean!! No matter how many kids live there, whenever they enter it’s always clean and put together.

THIS!!!!!
The teenagers room is spotless, bed made, neat desk!
Kids didn't spill lego all over!
In middle of making dinner or serving and kitchen does't look like a meal just came form there!
When groceries are brought in to the house, there is usually one or two neat bags.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:36 pm
Supper is made and served, not a pot in sight, no dishes, knives, peelers, measuring cups, ingredients... Only finished supper brought to the table in bowls, no mess

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:51 pm
You will never hear any speech imperfections such as:

Um...
Like... like...
What?
Well...
I don't know.
I'm not sure.

Unless it's scripted and only at the beginning of the movie, when the guy meets the girl for the first time or in middle of solving a mystery.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:10 pm
When someone lands in the hospital, all family members and friends drop whatever they're doing and sit in the hospital waiting room, sometimes even with kids, for however long is needed! No jobs? Kids to be picked up from school?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:35 pm
There is always a parking spot or a car just pulling out

Snickers18

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:42 pm
The pregnant women always have their hands on their bellies the entire time. We get it; they’re pregnant! In reality, I’ve only ever met one woman who does that.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
ThiS!!!!! Seriously I've never ever seen a show or movie where people's homes were a representation of their income.

Also background music when something scary/romantic/ sad happens.

And people sleeping with everyone in their circle of friends and everyone still staying friends. As if people wouldn't hold grudges

There's a Far Side with some animals walking pleasantly in some bucolic scene, and a flautist in the background, and the caption is something like, Bubsy Bunny knew he was safe because of the pleasant music in the background.
There's another one that takes place in an old western bar. Guy's at the piano and someone says to him, "Bad guy walking in! B sharp!" (Or something like that.)

Zehava

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
The alarm clock rings and they rub their eyes and need to figure out where they are, seem confused.
My alarm clock rings and I jump out of bed because the kids need to get dressed, eat breakfast and get onto that school bus on time! No time for me to figure out or think "How did I get here?".

Because somehow while they were cheating on their husband or having a one night stand they fell asleep by mistake. They always fall asleep!

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:10 pm
BTova wrote:

I admire the effort it takes to create that homey cluttered look that is still perfectly clean and neat. It's the ultimate paradox! When my house is cluttered, it's not neat.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 10:17 pm
Zehava wrote:
Because somehow while they were cheating on their husband or having a one night stand they fell asleep by mistake. They always fall asleep!

Cheating and s+x is exhausting Very Happy

BTova

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:04 am
Notsobusy wrote:
Why do they never check their caller id in the movies? People answer the phone and assume it's a specific person so they start saying whatever they want to say to that person, and of course it's the absolute worst person they could have said it to.

Also, they can be in a group of people, and have whispered conversations with one of those people , and none of the other people hear what they say or express any curiosity about it.

Yes!! And they never check who’s at the door before opening!!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics