Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Amazon fire tablet / parental controls

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:55 am
Does anyone know if a child can access internet if I blocked everything only allowing certain games/apps I downloaded? Settings is password protected so as far as I can see without the password nothing can be changed or accessed.
Are games which require WiFi safe?

momX4

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:00 am
I blocked the browser and my DC can't access it.

The wifi games, please read the ratings. You may want to chose not to allow your DC to play games that have a chat.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:38 am
If I allow a game which requires WiFi, is there a way to connect to internet to access other things through wifi? Under parental controls I did block the internet browser.
I’m also wondering if using an sd card bypasses the parental controls I set up on the tablet.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:42 am
Anyone know?

momX4

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:01 am
If your DC downloaded a movie and put it on an SD card?

Contact Amazon customer service. You can chat also. They should be able to assist.

I have 2 kids with a fire. My 7 year old is very limited to what she can see. She doesn't have access to anything other than what I give her.

My 12 year old has full access with parental controls. I couldn't give him a child user because I had a hard time moving Google play games to a child profile. It's fairly easy to download Google play to the main account. Google play has a password enabled. He can't download anything without permission.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 1:52 pm
momX4 wrote:
If your DC downloaded a movie and put it on an SD card?

Contact Amazon customer service. You can chat also. They should be able to assist.

I have 2 kids with a fire. My 7 year old is very limited to what she can see. She doesn't have access to anything other than what I give her.

My 12 year old has full access with parental controls. I couldn't give him a child user because I had a hard time moving Google play games to a child profile. It's fairly easy to download Google play to the main account. Google play has a password enabled. He can't download anything without permission.

So there’s a password to download google games? That’s in addition to your parental control password?

I was downloading games through amazon prime. I didn’t know about google games. Is there a difference in internet safety?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics