Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Only in the movies!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Green

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 2:24 am
amother wrote:
ThiS!!!!! Seriously I've never ever seen a show or movie where people's homes were a representation of their income.

Also background music when something scary/romantic/ sad happens.

And people sleeping with everyone in their circle of friends and everyone still staying friends. As if people wouldn't hold grudges

One reason I like the show Speechless Smile . Their house is a disaster.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 2:32 am
thunderstorm wrote:
The alarm clock rings and they rub their eyes and need to figure out where they are, seem confused.
My alarm clock rings and I jump out of bed because the kids need to get dressed, eat breakfast and get onto that school bus on time! No time for me to figure out or think "How did I get here?".

I've done that. Had no idea where I was or whether outside my door was a hallway in a private home, a hotel, or a busy airport. I turned out to be at home. Jetlag, it's a heck of a drug.

Then there's the more common thing where the alarm clock sound is somewhat familiar and it's sort of intefering with my sleeping but I don't remember what it means.

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 3:11 am
Snickers18 wrote:
The pregnant women always have their hands on their bellies the entire time. We get it; they’re pregnant! In reality, I’ve only ever met one woman who does that.

Meghan Markle?

chanchy123

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 3:50 am
amother wrote:
When someone lands in the hospital, all family members and friends drop whatever they're doing and sit in the hospital waiting room, sometimes even with kids, for however long is needed! No jobs? Kids to be picked up from school?

What I never understand is how people show up at hospitals for the birth, illness, accidents whatever of people they hardly even know. An aunt of a main character is in the hospital because she had a stroke, so the nephew shows up immediately, (not the aunt's husband our children heaven forbid) and all his circle of friends have to be there with him at the emergency room, not even a sick visit to a hospitalized relative, the emergency room. They don't even know this woman.
Not to mention childbirth, when one of the main characters goes into labor, all her circle of friends drop everything and show up to stay with her until the baby is born. Who does that? That's crazy.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 3:52 am
amother wrote:
Surprised no one mentioned this, but the homes people live in! Everyone lives in a really nice house or amazing apartment in a real happening part of the city, even characters who are supposed to be poor or struggling. And somehow everyone has time to hang out in cafes all day long and get into shenanigans (ok, I think that's more of a sitcom thing. But still).

Of course, also what I never get is when people who are struggling financially get duped into paying a large sum they can't afford always end up accepting it gracefully and it's all one big joke - not a devastating reality that will crush said character, you never see them actually deal with the ramifications of going into debt. This is something that happens all the time in sitcoms.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:00 am
amother wrote:
One reason I like the show Speechless Smile . Their house is a disaster.

Shameless?

Aylat

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:09 am
The villain monologue which ties up all the loose ends and lasts until the hero gets there to save the (usually female) kidnappee. In real life the bad guy would just shoot and get to safety.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 7:16 am
People calling their son "son." Never heard this in real life. (and no one ever calls their daughter "daughter??")

If a character gives birth on the show to a second child, it is ALWAYS the opposite gender to their first.

If a character is cheating on a spouse or bf/gf, that person WILL walk in on the cheating. Even if they have no business being in that location. It'se they are magnetically attracted to the scene of the crime.

And my favorite- always baffled me- when someone is on the phone and the other person hangs up suddenly, there's a dial tone. In real life there's no sound.

essie14

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:24 am
groovy1224 wrote:

If a character gives birth on the show to a second child, it is ALWAYS the opposite gender to their first.

Not on Full House or The Kids Are Alright ;-)

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:28 am
Kissing just leads to secks right away. And they just do it anywhere in any position. I always wonder what if she has her period? Eww

madys

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:30 am
When people are working in an office late at night, it's all dark, and only one lamp is on. Not in any office I've worked in!!

groovy1224

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:36 am
essie14 wrote:
Not on Full House or The Kids Are Alright ;-)

Lol as soon as I posted that I thought of a bunch of exceptions.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:52 am
Nobody ever has issues with insurance not covering a procedure in any medical story.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:54 am
All the homes are immaculate, but we never see a maid, unless she has a very funny sense of humor and adds to the story. Where are all the normal maids?

essie14

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:13 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
All the homes are immaculate, but we never see a maid, unless she has a very funny sense of humor and adds to the story. Where are all the normal maids?

In the pilot episode of "The OC" (and possibly a couple more early episodes) there was a maid who had no lines and just cleaned. Someone in later episodes makes a reference to her; it was very funny Very Happy

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:45 am
Zehava wrote:
Gotta love the medical shows where every case of minor symptoms turns into something serious and life threatening. People passing out and losing their pulse within minutes of having a little headache. And emergency surgery is needed right away.

like dying from a hiccup - Grey's.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Mollie

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:46 am
Nobody says goodbye when they hang up the phone

glamourmom

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:56 am
the HAIRSTYLES. does every single female role know how to create intricate hairdos or perfect curls and waves on a regular day? IRL, there are usually less than a handful of girls that can do their own hair into something spectacular, but the side braids, twist, perfect locks doesn't come natural to EVERYONE.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
Kissing just leads to secks right away. And they just do it anywhere in any position. I always wonder what if she has her period? Eww

think about this too every time. Very Happy

Redbird

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:25 am
It takes 10 seconds to strangle someone to death.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics