Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Only in the movies!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:14 am
Heroines weep yet their eyes and noses don't turn red and runny.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:22 am
The ugly duckling gets contact lenses and a decent hair cut, and is suddenly gorgeous.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:29 am
When a character needs to escape through a window the window is always miraculously near a rain gutter or on the second floor above a patch of soft grass...

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:31 am
They run through 6 lanes of cars sometimes jumping over a car or two and yet never getting killed or even hurt.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 9:38 am
Lately almost every action movie has a 100 lb. women beating up a 200 lb. man and sometimes is able to give him one kick and he goes flying across the room. Start at the 3 minute mark:

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:46 am
When the hero goes after the bad guy, he has no problem killing all guards around his target, but then he won't kill the bad guy, he'll "do the right thing"

Also, in a one on one fight, the characters can take a massive beating and still keep standing, but when it's convenient, one wine bottle to the head will knock someone out

And in a mass fight, when ten men are attacking the hero, he can knock em out with just a punch out two

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
When the hero goes after the bad guy, he has no problem killing all guards around his target, but then he won't kill the bad guy, he'll "do the right thing"

Also, in a one on one fight, the characters can take a massive beating and still keep standing, but when it's convenient, one wine bottle to the head will knock someone out

And in a mass fight, when ten men are attacking the hero, he can knock em out with just a punch out two

In 2017, NYC police officers fired their guns in a total of 23 incidents. In total, NYC police officers fired 170 shots and hit their targets 75 times — a hit ratio of 44%. In most years, cops hit their target about 20% of the time. To be fair, officers fired their weapons during confrontations 59 times in 2005 and 147 times in 1996.

In police shows, officers fire their weapons that many times in a single episode. Criminals almost never hit their targets (unless their target is not a series regular), but the marksmanship of our heroes is nearly perfect.

Dreamer

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:12 pm
The bad guys go around killing but as soon as the hero/heroine comes in, the bad guy ties them up and threatens to kill before actually shooting the gun! (to give them enough time to get out of the predicament)

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
Female detectives chasing bad guys in five inch heels

I don't want to highjack this but I know an ICU doctor who runs to codes (code blues) in 4 inch heels.... she's been doing it for at least 7 years). I used to think she was going to G-d forbid snap an ankle but never had any problems BH.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:30 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The ugly duckling gets contact lenses and a decent hair cut, and is suddenly gorgeous.

Heck, the characters who are supposed to be "ugly" are still usually better-looking than 95% of the human population LOL

raich

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:55 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
There's a Far Side with some animals walking pleasantly in some bucolic scene, and a flautist in the background, and the caption is something like, Bubsy Bunny knew he was safe because of the pleasant music in the background.
There's another one that takes place in an old western bar. Guy's at the piano and someone says to him, "Bad guy walking in! B sharp!" (Or something like that.)

YES!!! You've got to hand it to Gary Larson.

Snickers18

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 2:55 pm
DrMom wrote:
Meghan Markle?

Lol, no! Real life, remember?! Unfortunately for me, I find it just as irritating in real life as in the movies. I guess fortunately for me, not too many people actually do it.

cinnabon

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 3:44 pm
A car can flip over countless times , knock down 5 other cars, go up in flames , and everyone comes out unharmed. Oh and the car still continues to drive

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 2:21 pm
Bumping this up.
Really made me crack up Laugh

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:16 pm
I have one! When a lavish breakfast is all set out and yet they only have time to grab a banana on their way out...

naomi2

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 5:56 pm
When someone wrongly suspects another character and they try to defend themselves by saying "it's not what it looks like!" Or "let me explain" but they never do get a chance to explain when they actually could have just said it in two sentences and cleared the air.
Everytime someone tries to shoot someone else, they never shoot right away. the shooter talks and or confesses for like 10 minutes and then someone else comes to the rescue and takes down the shooter just in the nick of time.

GLUE

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 6:24 pm
Hunted houses are never locked

You can take down an advanced Alain space ship with just a lap top

If you travel into space to blow up the advanced Alain space ship, there will always be a space ship waiting and some one to drive it. The Alain will let you walk onto the ship and plant your bomb and leave without doing anything.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics