Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Belated chanuka tip for teachers?!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 4:14 pm
Whats one supposed to do if they totally forgot to tip teachers on chanuka? I would love to express my gratitude to one teacher in particular. Do I just send a check tomorrow? Just like that? Do I write anything differently?

Also, my daughter has 2 teachers. Is it okay if I send a tip only to one teacher? This teacher is very devoted and my daughter very much enjoys her. However, she dislikes the other teacher. Do I tip her as well? What would you write in such an instance? (When your not really so grateful Confused )

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 4:31 pm
I would give a bigger tip for purim.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
I would give a bigger tip for purim.

Was thinking that, but this year purim is a month later. Its a pity to wait that long. This teacher is so extra devoted, I don't want to come across as ungrateful until then.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:13 pm
Better late than never. And you really should give both teachers. Just write something neutral like “thanks for all your hard work” etc.

flmommy

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:14 pm
Can you privately give something to the teacher you want to tip and just write in the card sorry this is late.

butterfly2

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:25 pm
I would tip and write something that I didn’t forget about the teacher and we are so grateful for her devotion.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
Better late than never. And you really should give both teachers. Just write something neutral like “thanks for all your hard work” etc.

Thanks. But I want something a bit more neutral than hard work. I don't think shes working too hard Wink

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:45 pm
Don’t send it tomorrow or else she will think you tip on x-mas and not Chanukah:) rather send for rosh chodesh or something.
Also you must tip both teachers, but maybe put their names on sealed envelope and give less to other one.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:05 pm
Rather than just giving money on a random Monday, you can give a little bit every Rosh Chodesh.
Many teachers discuss what they receive. Make sure to write a note according of appreciation according to effort put in.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:06 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Don’t send it tomorrow or else she will think you tip on x-mas and not Chanukah:) rather send for rosh chodesh or something.
Also you must tip both teachers, but maybe put their names on sealed envelope and give less to other one.

Ha! This thought abt x-mas just occured to me, and was thinking to send rather on Wednesday. Was interesting to see you mentioning it.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:42 pm
I always tip late. (Add brain) I make a joke, something like chanuka is done but we can still have some fun! Thank you for....

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
I always tip late. (Add brain) I make a joke, something like chanuka is done but we can still have some fun! Thank you for....

Is it so weird if I tip late, and don't mention anything about it being belated?? You think they won't realize it must be I had forgotten on chanuka?

imamother153

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:46 pm
How about sending on chamushe user beshvet? It’s almost here and is more special than a random day even though it’s not tipping time. U can write something along the lines of sowing/planting/investing time and energy and reaping the fruits/good results.

Also if a student likes one teacher less than the other isn’t yet a sign that she’s actually less of a good teacher. Just something to think about.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 11:38 am
imamother153 wrote:
How about sending on chamushe user beshvet? It’s almost here and is more special than a random day even though it’s not tipping time. U can write something along the lines of sowing/planting/investing time and energy and reaping the fruits/good results.

Also if a student likes one teacher less than the other isn’t yet a sign that she’s actually less of a good teacher. Just something to think about.

Or maybe this coming rosh chosesh?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
Whats one supposed to do if they totally forgot to tip teachers on chanuka? I would love to express my gratitude to one teacher in particular. Do I just send a check tomorrow? Just like that? Do I write anything differently?

Also, my daughter has 2 teachers. Is it okay if I send a tip only to one teacher? This teacher is very devoted and my daughter very much enjoys her. However, she dislikes the other teacher. Do I tip her as well? What would you write in such an instance? (When your not really so grateful Confused )

When I was a kid, if I told my mother I didn't like a certain teacher or counselor and she doesn't have to tip that one, she'd say maybe I need to tip that one more! Wink She meant that I might be giving that teacher a hard time.
It also goes the other way. If the teacher is the one giving your daughter a hard time, a tip of can sometimes help soften her.
I have this with FedEx delivery guys. The ones that give me a hard time, I need to make sure to tip, and hopefully that greases some wheels.

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 2:30 pm
Can I just say..
I'm a teacher. If I get a gift of any kind, any amount, at any time, I say thank you and appreciate it very much.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:17 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:

I tip on Xmas because that's when I have a couple days off of work and can spare some brain cells for these things! Laugh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette