Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Starting a coaching business

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:39 am
What's the best way to start out? I have a clear idea in mind, but I don't know how to actually get started. Do I need a website? Do I need to make it an LLC? How do taxes work? How do I establish pricing for clients? If I have introductory pricing for my first few clients, how do I raise the price later on, and what what point? What are the going rates per hour, or by package? Do I need contracts? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure that if I do this, I'm doing it right.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 11:10 am
you forgot to ask about insurance.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
you forgot to ask about insurance.

Okay, adding that to the list of questions! ;-) ...and insurance?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:18 pm
which type of certification do you have? your program didn't give you any advice on any of this?

I would say YES you need a website and NO it doesn't necessarily need to be an LLC at first---- you CAN have a coaching business be a sch C sole prop. As long as you're working alone. Taxes then would be schedule C and your own assets are at risk which is why you establish insurance and certification and price packaging before setting up clients.

As far as pricing--- it depends what type of coaching and what type of certification. Health coaching? Weight loss coaching? Life coaching? Job coaching? I'm guessing you're most certainly not a business coach Smile

And yes-- -100% work with contracts.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:21 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
which type of certification do you have? your program didn't give you any advice on any of this?

I would say YES you need a website and NO it doesn't necessarily need to be an LLC at first---- you CAN have a coaching business be a sch C sole prop. As long as you're working alone. Taxes then would be schedule C and your own assets are at risk which is why you establish insurance and certification and price packaging before setting up clients.

As far as pricing--- it depends what type of coaching and what type of certification. Health coaching? Weight loss coaching? Life coaching? Job coaching? I'm guessing you're most certainly not a business coach Smile

And yes-- -100% work with contracts.

Haha - no I’m not a business coach, lol!
Can I reach out to you privately?

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 7:52 pm
I hope you're not Esther from the other thread

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 7:59 pm
dankbar wrote:
I hope you're not Esther from the other thread

Haha no! (I hope you’re not serious, but hey, everyone is accused of everything on this site, so...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics