Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Weight Watchers thread
1  2  3  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:46 pm
Anyone care to join? I have a real-life buddy but it's always good to hear what other people eat and cook.

I joined WW right after Yom Tov with about 45 pounds to lose. I've never weighed this much and I've never really stuck to a diet plan, so the fact that I'm still on this one and losing is huge for me! I have the app and I'm finding it really easy. It also helps that I'm nursing and get a ton of points (41 daily and 42 weekly).

I don't want to use this as a regular diary-type thing because I know I won't keep doing it, but I'd love to hear from anyone else who's doing it! Recipes, tips, etc. all welcome.

Starting weight: 191.6
Goal weight: 145
Current weight (as of last Thursday): 176 (15.6 lbs down!)

Who's with me?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:50 pm
I actually really want to join weight watchers, but want to go to a class first to learn all the rules( instead of just doing it by app a d figurong it out on my phone) by any chance, do you live in brklyn, amd can you recommend a site to go to?
And kol hakavod to you, that you stuck to it!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:55 pm
Not in Brooklyn and I’m doing it all online, sorry!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:22 am
I would love to join you! I have approximately 35 lb to go before getting into healthy range. I go to a meeting, live OT, but don't like sharing because my lifestyle is so vastly different then most people.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:34 am
Kol hakavod!

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 10:58 am
Hi khaki, thanks for posting! And thanks frumwithallergies!

On Friday I hit 20 pounds bH! 171.6. Two more pounds and I’m back in the healthy BMI range Very Happy

Any good recipe or snack recommendations? I’ve been eating those Flatout wraps (2 points) with eggs for a low point lunch.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 11:10 am
You just inspired me to sign up. I am desperate to find a plan that works for me. Iyh!!!

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 4:25 am
Hi doodlesmom, so happy to hear that! How’s it going so far?

I’ve lost more than 10% of my body weight, up to 23 pounds now, and according to BMI I’m no longer overweight! I feel great. The only downside is that now I have fewer weekly points thanks to my new lower weight!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 4:56 am
I would like to join. I’ve posted on other ww’s threads and even started one but for some reason the ww’s threads don’t seem to be so popular here.
I’ve been doing ww’s on and off for years. The first time I really stuck with it I lost the 25 lbs I needed to loose. I am short and those 25 lbs made a huge difference. I looked and felt great! I kept it off for a number of years until I started having kids.
It’s been a battle. With my current lifestyle I simply can’t stick with it when things are not the norm. For example yomtov time, vacation time..., I go off the plan for a while and then back on.
Last January I decided to sign up again instead of doing it on my own. I only lost 10 lbs in 11 months since I keep going on and off. I need to loose another 15 impossible pounds to look decent. I simply don’t have the strength to stick with it at times. For example the last 4 months have been beyond nuts in my life so I’m just going up and down 4 lbs.

You asked for lunch ideas.
You can have a huge lunch for 1 point!

A can of tuna in water -0 points
1 tbsp of light mayonnaise -1 point
Can of corn (unsweetened) - 0 points
Hard boiled eggs- 0 points

I used to also eat a bag of ww’s chips for 2 points

Greek yogurt- I put in Splenda and vanilla extract and make my own vanilla yogurt... I’ve cut up grapes, apples and bananas and added to the yogurt- it’s filling and tastes good

I’ve used a bag of shredded red cabbage for dinner- cutting up pieces of turkey breast- using lemon juice, salt and pepper as dressing

I would love if people can post more food/meal ideas
Obviously if we have more low point meal/snack choices it will be easier to stick with it.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 9:18 am
Count me in!

I'm in a similar situation to OP. Never been this heavy before and never stuck to a diet. On WW now, since sukkos, using the app only. Can't believe I'm actually doing it.

Starting weight: 184
Current: 170
Goal: 135

Almost 15 pounds down!

Very worried about gaining over chanukah though...

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 9:40 am
I joined ww right after yt. I have around 70 lbs to lose I've lost 15 so far.
I started making big pots of lentil vegetable soup and freezing it in 8 oz containers. I'll microwave 1- 1 pt for lunch. I'll also eat a 60 calorie yogurt or a slice of whole wheat bread- ends up 3 pts for a filling lunch.
My shabbos saving grace is cauliflower kugel. A whole bag cauliflower, onions pureed mixed with eggs and spices. Baked in a well pammed pan. It doesn't taste like kugel but it feels like a substitute and I could eat as much as I want of it.
But I'm looking for more ideas. Getting bored. I don't like most fish so that's out.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 10:13 am
amother wrote:
I joined ww right after yt. I have around 70 lbs to lose I've lost 15 so far.
I started making big pots of lentil vegetable soup and freezing it in 8 oz containers. I'll microwave 1- 1 pt for lunch. I'll also eat a 60 calorie yogurt or a slice of whole wheat bread- ends up 3 pts for a filling lunch.
My shabbos saving grace is cauliflower kugel. A whole bag cauliflower, onions pureed mixed with eggs and spices. Baked in a well pammed pan. It doesn't taste like kugel but it feels like a substitute and I could eat as much as I want of it.
But I'm looking for more ideas. Getting bored. I don't like most fish so that's out.

Thank you for the cauliflower idea. You can do that with broccoli too.
I’ve made myself a small potato kugel without oil. Only 1 potato, egg, onion salt and pepper - I think it’s 3 points which I really divided into 2 meals.
If you like potato salad I have a 3 point recipe. I also eat a lot of turkey breast on shabbos- very low points.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 11:11 am
I would love to join this thread..
The only thing I'm confused about is- are you guys doing the freestyle program because I thought e/o gets 23 points.. I see ppl talking about 40 points etc..

I started doing ww in the summer and lost a few pounds and have been on and off ever since..
I finally decided the only way I can really try and track what I eat is by getting the app so I plan on doing that..
I am going away for about a week and half so I decided I will try and do my best during vacation but vacation is not the best time to try and be really serious about a diet so my real plan is to re-start very seriously when I get back.
I need to lose about 40 pounds.. I basically lost the weight after e/ baby.. but after my last one (who is already getting big) I never managed to lose the weight.. my goal is to break it in 4 more manageable goals of 10 lbs each with an incentive after e/ 10 lbs..
I would love to hear recipe ideas.. give e/o support etc..

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for the cauliflower idea. You can do that with broccoli too.
I’ve made myself a small potato kugel without oil. Only 1 potato, egg, onion salt and pepper - I think it’s 3 points which I really divided into 2 meals.
If you like potato salad I have a 3 point recipe. I also eat a lot of turkey breast on shabbos- very low points.

Thanks for the broccoli idea. Not as much of a fan. Don't know why.
I'm a real carb fan, always struggled with portion size so I avoid potatoes and pasta in any form. I eat one slice of regular challa (shabbos treat), salmon, lots of vegies, chicken soup broth, then grilled chicken, cauliflower kugel and string beans. Now in the winter, I then eat some melon or grapes later on before bed.
Shabbos day I serve a huge lettuce and turkey salad. I do use a dressing, but that's my shabbos treat.

Weeknight suppers, I'll make grilled chicken breast, broiled chicken breast, or stir fry.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 1:58 am
Love the cauliflower kugel idea!

I usually have fruit for breakfast. For lunch, lettuce with smoked Turkey breast and lemon juice. Then I have a regular super while watching portion sizes, so that I can eat what I make for the rest of the family and dont need to cook different meals.

Hopefully I won't get sick of lettuce and Turkey in the near future...

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:42 am
How’s everyone doing? I’ve lost 30 pounds!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:06 am
20 pounds so far.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 1:58 pm
Oh gosh... I went off over Chanuka so I only lost 2 lbs since I posted a month ago..

Are you guys doing exercise??

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
Oh gosh... I went off over Chanuka so I only lost 2 lbs since I posted a month ago..

Are you guys doing exercise??

Yes. I started after Chanukah. A 20 min exercise video 4-5 times a week. I do it with my kids. Rotating to give them special time.
But I have a siblings wedding in 6 weeks so I'm extra motivated.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:11 pm
Is anyone using fit points?
Trying to figure out how it works...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise