Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Legal Holidays- how to enjoy the day

joyful mom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 11:48 pm
To my fellow working ladies, what do you do on days that you are off from work and the kids are in school? Just trying to think of ideas of how to best enjoy the day Smile

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 11:53 pm
I work full time. Didn't want my day off to be about household chores.

Here is how I spent my day. Hope to repeat it again next week.

Woke up at crack of dawn (almost) just like everyday. Instead of driving boys to catch the bus, I had to drive them to Yeshiva. Drove the girls to school a bit later.

Took a long nap.
Went out to eat (not Chinese, that was dinner last night)
Went to see a movie
Picked up kids from school, 3 different dismissals
Made 2 batches of challah (next week it will be cookies)

groisamomma

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 12:35 am
The first day I got my kids out then went back to bed and slept till 2 pm. Yesterday I organized my long-overdue messy bedroom after waking up at 11 and at night went out with ds for supper. Today I drove my kids to school, cleaned out my closet, and ran a bazillion errands. Tomorrow is breakfast out with dh, cook a little, and 3 pm ice cream treat with one of my kids. The rest of the week I'll spend cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, maybe taking the other kids out for lunch or a little treat, and preparing for Shabbos. I'll be checking this thread for ideas on how to enjoy next week, my last few days off.

joyful mom

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:27 pm
[quote="groisamomma"]The first day I got my kids out then went back to bed and slept till 2 pm.

I’m considering doing the same next week! But really I’m hoping that the weather will be nice on New Year’s Day so that I can enjoy going out.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:42 pm
DH and I spend day together. Pick up lunch or coffee and danishes. Walk. Run fun errands. It’s almost the only time we have without kids (besides baby). It’s really the only time I have off other then yom tov....

I never want to do truly responsible things.

Besides the days is short. I think only 4 hours everyone was in school.

simba

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:39 pm
Coffee in peace, threw in a load of laundry, did some errands on the Ave. , had lunch with a friend, had supper ready before my kids got home! Thats all. Simple and relaxing.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:20 pm
My kids are home with me Sad lol. But they knew better than to bother me unless it’s an emergency. So I wake up around noon, make something to eat, watch Netflix, play on my iPad, read, bubble bath. Then do something later on with the kids unless they don’t want to do anything or their father comes to get them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics