Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to find manufacturer to make my product

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 2:32 pm
I'm in ecommerce. I have a specific idea of a kitchen product. I never made my own product yet and have no idea how to go about it. Anyone know how to go about finding a manufacturer overseas who will cater to my needs?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
I'm in ecommerce. I have a specific idea of a kitchen product. I never made my own product yet and have no idea how to go about it. Anyone know how to go about finding a manufacturer overseas who will cater to my needs?

Do you have Designs? Prototype?

These are first steps.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 3:19 pm
Go to Alibaba.com

Search for manufacturers of that type of product.

Email them.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 11:36 pm
Thanks. I'll try Alibaba and see where that will take me.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have Designs? Prototype?

These are first steps.

Thanjs for taking the time to reply.

What exactly is "design"? I know in my mind exactly what I want. With a few pictures, I can explain it.

Do you think a company on Alibaba would make the Prototype?

Careers

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 12:06 am
Maybe try Ari Torenheim. Real nice guy doing exactly what you are looking for.
1stopm.com
I found him on Linkedin.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 1:56 am
amother wrote:
Thanjs for taking the time to reply.

What exactly is "design"? I know in my mind exactly what I want. With a few pictures, I can explain it.

Do you think a company on Alibaba would make the Prototype?

you are better of dealing with a person locally who can get a CAD drawing (this is the design stage) done for you - rather than attempting to explain this to someone in China.

Are you going to need molds?

There are lots of google resources.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
you are better of dealing with a person locally who can get a CAD drawing (this is the design stage) done for you - rather than attempting to explain this to someone in China.

Are you going to need molds?

There are lots of google resources.

This will probably need molds. How do I get hold of Google resources?

Sorry, I'm kind of undereducated but still good in ecommerce. No education but Very successful.

Perhaps I should just contact the person someone else suggested? Is it not possible to do this myself?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:37 am
My son Hallel Newman does CAD and 3D printing, and has made prototypes of products. He is based in Baltimore. PM me for contact info.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
This will probably need molds. How do I get hold of Google resources?

Sorry, I'm kind of undereducated but still good in ecommerce. No education but Very successful.

Perhaps I should just contact the person someone else suggested? Is it not possible to do this myself?

what I meant by 'google resources' is there are lots of articles you can read to you started.

Can you do it yourself? Probably - but it sounds like you could use some mentorship on all the steps in the processes.

This was suggested upthread - https://1stopm.com/ perhaps start by reading it to see the services being offered. That should give you an idea of what steps need to happen or should happen. If you choose to pay for help with all the steps, is ultimately up to you!

Very exciting that you are trying to do this. Much luck with it.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:33 pm
That website seems the way to go for me right now. Thanks everyone!

The Balabusta

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:04 pm
Did you get a patent or provisional patent yet? Before you do go through with your idea you should make sure it’s your own (legally). I have a utility patent on a kitchen design product and a trademark on it. It took me a few years to get from the USPTO and I did get CAD to begin, as mentioned by amother. I also found a manufacturer to produce the product and I’m selling it now. But you should protect yourself at a minimum with non-disclosure non-compete agreements etc. Now I need marketing for my product now. Please feel free to get in touch.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:18 pm
The Balabusta wrote:
Did you get a patent or provisional patent yet? Before you do go through with your idea you should make sure it’s your own (legally). I have a utility patent on a kitchen design product and a trademark on it. It took me a few years to get from the USPTO and I did get CAD to begin, as mentioned by amother. I also found a manufacturer to produce the product and I’m selling it now. But you should protect yourself at a minimum with non-disclosure non-compete agreements etc. Now I need marketing for my product now. Please feel free to get in touch.

Very impressive!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics