Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
How to connect?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 9:12 pm
I was listening to a Shiur & the Rebbetzin said we need to constantly work at connecting to Hashem all our lives.
I'm looking for practical suggestions & ideas how to do that?

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 9:50 pm
Talk to Him in your own language

dankbar

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 1:12 am
Start looking for the good & thank Hashem even for the little blesssings

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 7:56 pm
A good way to connect to Hashem is to ask for hatzlacha in everything that you do. Literally. When you cook or bake, ask Hashem in your own words (could take a few seconds) that it should please come out good. If you're looking for a parking spot, ask Hashem to help. If you're having a hard time with your child, ask Hashem for willpower.

We women have it easier than men in some ways. Men need formal tefillah three times a day to connect properly. We don't have a formal chiyuv in tefillah because the essence of a woman is prayer.

Personally, I also find certain prakim of tehillim easy to connect to: מזמור לדוד ה' רועי לא אחסר, שיר למעלות אשא עיני אל ההרים מאין יבא עזרי, קלי קלי למה עזבתני, יענך ה' ביום צרה, יושב בסתר עליון.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:34 pm
Look for signs from him throughout the day. Today alone I saw a few of them!

Talk to him in your own language- whether you need hatzlacha or you need to make a decision....

Thank hashem every night for 3 things that happened to you that day. Little things!!!

Vintage

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 5:12 am
flowerpower wrote:
Look for signs from him throughout the day. Today alone I saw a few of them!

Talk to him in your own language- whether you need hatzlacha or you need to make a decision....

Thank hashem every night for 3 things that happened to you that day. Little things!!!

Definitely gratitude is key. I notice the more I am thankful for the small and big things, not only am I happier, I feel more connected. Lately I've been looking at some incredibly negative events and experiences, and thanking HaShem for those, too. I mean really thanking him, and I've noticed an enormous shift after doing this authentically. When something gets stuck in my throat, I know it needs my attention.

Surrendered

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:16 am
Listening to Shiurim or reading up on Emuna, Bitochon. Rabbi Sholom Arush gave out a beautiful book called "Say Thank you and see Miracles", as well as The garden of Emunah, Garden of Gratitude, it gives you an appreciation for life and all Hashem has given you. Also "Living Emuna" by Rabbi Dovid Ashear. He also has a hotline.
If you're interested in getting a list of Free hotlines to call for Chizuk, please PM me.
It's incredible that you strive for such great things in life... I assure you your life will be much more exciting this way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational