Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Tim tam

Geulanow

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:20 pm
I'm not sure what they are except they're from Australia and look delicious. Does anyone have a recipe for them, preferably parve?

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:57 pm
They're a sandwich of chocolate cookies filled with chocolate cream and enrobed in a chocolate coating. Google "Recipe homemade Tim Tams" and you should get several hits. Here's one: https://www.sugarhero.com/homemade-tim-tams/.

MitzadSheini

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:59 pm
Because I have nothing better to do with my time right now (lol yeah right) let me wax lyrical on Tim Tams for a few minutes.

A Tim Tam is an iconic Australian chocolate biscuit (biscuit, not cookie, cookie is an American word) consisting of an inner layer of thick chocolate icing type stuff, a middle layer of biscuit , and an outer layer of chocolate. They now.come in various varieties such as caramel, double choc and so on.

I'm not sure if they are still available kosher in Israel but a while back there was a small amount that was being produced kosher primarily for export to Israel, and it was only very briefly that a few of these packets were saved for the Australian market.

The very best way to eat them is to bite off one corner, dip it in coffee, bite off the diagonally opposite corner and drink hot coffee through the Tim Tam "straw".

They are very sweet. And come in packets of 11 which are impossible to divide equally (except if you happen to be 11 people ) so you usually end up having to open 2 packets.

How to make them? I've never tried, but do a google search and you will find a few examples.

simcha2

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 5:43 pm
They are similar to the British penguin. Which was kosher for about a minute 30 years ago.

rgr

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:10 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:

The very best way to eat them is to bite off one corner, dip it in coffee, bite off the diagonally opposite corner and drink hot coffee through the Tim Tam

This method is called a tim tam slam

InnerMe

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 10:11 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
Because I have nothing better to do with my time right now (lol yeah right) let me wax lyrical on Tim Tams for a few minutes.

A Tim Tam is an iconic Australian chocolate biscuit (biscuit, not cookie, cookie is an American word) consisting of an inner layer of thick chocolate icing type stuff, a middle layer of biscuit , and an outer layer of chocolate. They now.come in various varieties such as caramel, double choc and so on.

I'm not sure if they are still available kosher in Israel but a while back there was a small amount that was being produced kosher primarily for export to Israel, and it was only very briefly that a few of these packets were saved for the Australian market.

The very best way to eat them is to bite off one corner, dip it in coffee, bite off the diagonally opposite corner and drink hot coffee through the Tim Tam "straw".

They are very sweet. And come in packets of 11 which are impossible to divide equally (except if you happen to be 11 people ) so you usually end up having to open 2 packets.

How to make them? I've never tried, but do a google search and you will find a few examples.

OMG you reminded me of one of my favorite articles. It's in the book All Our Lives by Sara Schapiro, not sure in which of the series.. but there's a story about a kid that comes home from school and she gets some snacker/cracker thingy to eat.

She describes exactly "how you eat it" and how it feels on each part of her tongue, and she puts on some peanut butter, and she lays on the carpet reading a magazine. You feel like your with her tasting those crackers in an empty house where all that matters is her, the crackers and her magazine.

I wonder if anyone here knows what I'm talking about. It's so so good.

jerusalem90

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:11 pm
Very easy to find kosher in Israel, cost 18 - 24 shekels per box which I think is way over priced. Everyone has their own taste, but I don't even like them. Nothing special to me.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 1:23 pm
They are available kosher in Israel in many makolets and kiosks and supermarkets.

I love them, esp the ones with the double-thick chocolate coating. Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics