Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Refflexology

amother
Black

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:50 am
We just had a discussion at work where someone was mentioning that Reflexology is against the Torah. Is there anyone that has dealt with this subject and would know the Halachah regarding these Alternative Remedies?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:01 am
I do reflexology and it’s not against the Torah. I studied at a chareidi institution in Israel which consulted with a Rav about everything.

LTC

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:34 am
Do you mind to clarify, which rav and which sources he used?

mommy201

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:48 am
I am actually curious about Knieseology. I've heard from people that it stems from non-kosher sources. Does anyone have information on it?

ineedalamborghi

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:53 pm
Rav Belsky says that Reflexology is assur but there are many Rabbanim who allow it. Ask your LOR.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 5:11 pm
LTC wrote:
Do you mind to clarify, which rav and which sources he used?

Sorry, I don’t know the name of the rav, this was years ago. The school was called Shelem, you can look it up and ask them.

Why would you think it is assur?

tweety1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 6:37 pm
I used reflexology a few times in the past. It never dawned on me it might a problem. It's the same idea as chiropractic.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:40 pm
I may be mistaken but I think that reflexology comes in a few "flavors" which might account for some of the differing views (the rest, of course, are just differing views.)

I know a book came out maybe a year or two ago going through the issues that come up in halacha with CAM. It would probably be a good resource for someone wanting to understand the background of the issues before approaching their personal daas Torah.

Bliss

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:30 pm
I can't see where reflexology is a problem. Can anyone specify? And wouldn't a massage go into the same category?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:36 pm
ineedalamborghi wrote:
Rav Belsky says that Reflexology is assur but there are many Rabbanim who allow it. Ask your LOR.
Please explain why this would be assur? This seems to be very extreme really.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:50 pm
My chassidish friend does it

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:57 am
The only way I can think of that would possibly make it assur would be if the practitioner meditated on the chakra symbols while he/she worked - but that is unnecessary for reflexology anyway.

tweety1

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 5:51 am
Bliss wrote:
I can't see where reflexology is a problem. Can anyone specify? And wouldn't a massage go into the same category?

Yes it's more like massage than chiropractic or a combination of both. Somebody enlighten us naive mothers what the problem is.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:50 am
I never heard that reflexology is a problem. Knieseology is a problem by some Rabbis, because it taps into energy and they have an issue with the tumah energy part of it.
It's always good to consult a Rabbi before starting with alternative medicine to see which ones may be problematic.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:59 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Knieseology is a problem by some Rabbis, because it taps into energy and they have an issue with the tumah energy part of it.

Are unicorns kosher or treif? Neither, because there are no unicorns.

LTC

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 10:39 am
Just would like to clarify...
Rabbi Belsky was very against different types of alternative medicine and I was wondering if anybody has any information about Reflexology and its roots.
There are many different types of alternative medicines that are coming from Avodah Zarah - That is where my question is coming from.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions