Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ISO Instagram links of frum kitchen/home decorators
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:39 pm
Why were my pictures removed? I guess I have to take them with my own camera not from locations. Will post in a few.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:44 pm
You can see some of my work on my website: design613.com

oneofakind

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 4:58 pm
hch_design

Very pleasant and easy to work with. Has great ideas but the result has your taste so it doesn't look like everybody else's house who used her.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:
Why were my pictures removed? I guess I have to take them with my own camera not from locations. Will post in a few.

OP here. I see your pictures.

saraby

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:34 pm
Amother Blue, your kitchen is beyond gorgeous! Can you tell me what material your countertops are?

Miri7

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:18 am
I think that the “frum” part is about wanting someone to know the layout and function you need. The materials are really where modern/traditional comes in.

You could have the same layout and make it modern or traditional by your choice of cabinet style, type of countertop, fixtures or appliances.

They layout is key for making an awesome kosher kitchen. For me, I wanted two separate sinks, and a dishwasher next to each. I also wanted two ovens - and cabinet layout that made sense for all our dishes Smile. Then also the normal thing of having things in a place that makes sense so you don’t have to run back and forth from end to end of the kitchen.

I also wanted everything to be easily kasher-able for Pesach. But that’s really a materials choice. Good luck! This is really a fun project!!

familyfirst

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:43 am
Your granite and backsplash are beautiful!
Care 'to share the name?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 1:33 am
familyfirst wrote:
Care 'to share the name?

Thats a marble-y looking looking granite.if I ever saw one.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:25 am
Sorry, here are the pictures without the watermark, which I guess created an issue because I don't see them anymore. I went on vacation and saw a style I liked and just brought it to life. In my work I know a lot of professional marble, granite and tile layers so I was able to have access to a lot of people, but ultimately I "designed it myself" but really just based the look on a kitchen I saw while on vacation done by a non frum woman.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:33 am
I can show you some small traditional kitchens. The most important items I'd recommend getting in a kitchen are: (1) water above the stove; (2) barn sink with a disposal; (3) trash compactor. If you cook a lot and space is limited (make do with just limited closet space) and instead increase your working space. I think one reason modern is so popular is that you can do something modern for relatively inexpensive (but it can still look like the more expensive ones) whereas more traditional styles are harder to do on a budget. Anyways, you can find a lot of things at "warehouse/closeout" places, where people constructed wooden cabinets and were off by a few inches (they may be right for your home). The stairs in my house cost me only 2,000 but their actual price was over $30,000. They happened to have not been the right fit for the person who ordered them and they were an awkward design/shape so the company waited until they found the right home.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:27 pm
And some prefer almost laboratory looking modern kitchens.

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/mil.....ideos

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, here are the pictures without the watermark, which I guess created an issue because I don't see them anymore. I went on vacation and saw a style I liked and just brought it to life. In my work I know a lot of professional marble, granite and tile layers so I was able to have access to a lot of people, but ultimately I "designed it myself" but really just based the look on a kitchen I saw while on vacation done by a non frum woman.

Do you actually use that kitchen for cooking? Lol 😂

familyfirst

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 1:12 pm
Its an incredibly lovely kitchen!
Is there a dinette area or bar stools?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 1:47 pm
saraby wrote:
Amother Blue, your kitchen is beyond gorgeous! Can you tell me what material your countertops are?

familyfirst wrote:
Care 'to share the name?

The granite is called Palomino and the backsplash is 3x6 honey onyx which you can get in any size and many shapes and should be available everywhere.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 2:38 pm
familyfirst wrote:
Its an incredibly lovely kitchen!
Is there a dinette area or bar stools?

Dinette that is open to a living room. I have a pretty small dining room and we often eat in the dinette on Shabbos

familyfirst

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:17 pm
Thank you for sharing
That's very generous
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics