Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me find the right tights for picky DD

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 2:13 am
DD has decided that out of our collection of tights, the only ones she will wear are... ones they don't seem to make anymore Can't Believe It

They are from Land's End, cable knit design, and I think they were called therma-something - possibly thermaskin because they do currently sell thermaskin leggings and thermaskin socks. But not tights.

I understand why she prefers them - they are soft, and they are stretchy - meaning they hold up snugly without bunching anywhere, yet they aren't too tight either because they have that nice stretch to them. Other brands if you size up they bunch/wrinkle, and if you size down then they just pull down and/or stretch out. These really stretch to be just the right size, they stay up and smooth against the leg.

BH the ones we have from last year are holding up well, but I only have a few of them and it looks like she's going to outgrow them soon. I didn't stock up on them last year because we had other tights from other brands and last year she didn't have issues with those. I can't find them on the LE website anymore. Does anyone know another brand of tights that fits this description, especially with regard to the nice stretch?

kenz

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:45 am
I can’t speak for Land’s End tights but I have a very, very finicky daughter who will only wear Zubii tights. She’s in ladies sizes and Zubii only goes up to kids 14 but apparently they are stretchy and comfortable enough that she can still wear them,bH! They’re not cheap but they seem to be excellent quality. Maybe give it a try?

Reality

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:51 am
Condor tights. Super comfortable but alas super expensive!

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:54 am
Memoi modal tights

pause

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:55 am
My very sensory niece will only wear Zubii tights.

kenz

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:59 am
If your daughter is picky I don’t think she will go for Condor. Zubii is more expensive I believe. My other kids wear Memoi but this daughter will only wear Zubii. Maybe you can bring a pair of your current tights to a hosiery store to compare.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:43 am
My DD happens to be rather sensory, but this year she is liking the thick cotton ribbed tights from Junee Jr. They were not overly expensive ($6 a pair, and during Chanukah they had them at buy-1-get-1 - an absolute steal. Don't know if they are still running that sale.)

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:16 am
I always buy Me Moi. Haven't had any problems with it.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:02 am
Thanks! Sounds like I need to visit Brooklyn and bring a wad of cash.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:26 am
seeker wrote:

I suggest you buy one pair at the store, then have her try it on right there, before deciding to buy a stack of them to bring home.
-Mom of uber sensory child here

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 6:56 pm
I'm in love with Melas Microfiber Opaque Shaping Tights:
https://www.hosieryandsockoutl.....0.htm

They don't bind up, and I don't have to struggle to get them on. They are super stretchy -- the only tights I have found that are comfortable for me. The lady at Just Legs (4111 13th Ave., Brooklyn) recommended them to me the first time.

Eselle13

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 7:45 pm
You could also call lands end and ask if they still have any stock left. Sometimes they have just a few pieces that aren't online or in their catalog that they are willing to sell you.

I once misplaced my slippers and was devastated. My mother took out the year old receipt, called them and they had 2 sets left in my size that they were willing to sell her. It can't hurt to try Smile

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:42 pm
I'll try contacting Lands End but I'm not too optimistic about that. Thanks for the encouragement, though!

I don't think microfiber is going to help, she likes the feel of the thicker winter type and I'm not looking forward to summer coming again when she wants to run around the playground but not wear tights... we do fine with leggings on weekdays but it looks funny with Shabbos outfits.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:38 am
lavenderchimes wrote:
I'm in love with Melas Microfiber Opaque Shaping Tights:
https://www.hosieryandsockoutl.....0.htm

They don't bind up, and I don't have to struggle to get them on. They are super stretchy -- the only tights I have found that are comfortable for me. The lady at Just Legs (4111 13th Ave., Brooklyn) recommended them to me the first time.

The lady at Just Legs is the best. Always recommends the perfect tights for DD.

kenz

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 11:19 pm
seeker wrote:

Double Header usually has the best prices and they now carry Zubii.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics