Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Infant Gear Recommendations

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:44 pm
Hi All,

I am due with my first baby shortly and received a $100 Gift Card to a baby store.

Can the experienced mothers here help me out. What is worth getting? What did you really enjoy?

Not looking for a baby carriage or car seat. Those are taken care of.

Was thinking maybe a bouncer or swing?

Please weigh in with your thoughts. Thanks!

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:48 pm
I would borrow a swing before buying one. I have had 4 babies and maybe two of them liked it and not even the same one!

The best thing I have had was a baby carrier. I wish I knew about it when I had my oldest. There are so many places that I find it way easier to baby wear then use the stroller.

Tehila1

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:51 pm
Maybe a mobile on top of the crib?

Girl@Heart

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:18 pm
You can use it for/ towards a high chair

happymom123

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:32 pm
Get a bassinet attachment for your stroller. Total lifesaver for me.

naomi2

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 7:59 pm
happymom123 wrote:
Get a bassinet attachment for your stroller. Total lifesaver for me.

Yes it's amazing. The baby can nap in it without being scrunched up. I use it as a place to put the baby down on the main floor.
My baby is 6 months and I use it all the time. As far as swing vs bouncy seat, I would go with bouncy seat. My kids didn't really like the swing.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:04 pm
I would purchase nothing right now. See what presents come in, and offers to borrow used stuff.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 10:49 pm
I haven't used my bouncer for my last 2 kids, it just gets in my way and takes up space. I do use my swing though. I second the thought of waiting and seeing what the baby will need or respond well to. If it's a store that delivers you can even call and order while you are still recovering

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:51 am
amother wrote:
I haven't used my bouncer for my last 2 kids, it just gets in my way and takes up space. I do use my swing though. I second the thought of waiting and seeing what the baby will need or respond well to. If it's a store that delivers you can even call and order while you are still recovering

And I had the opposite. My last baby loved the bouncer and not the swing. I was very happy I didn’t buy a swing.

OP, I would save it towards a high chair. I bought a really nice one that reclines and is full size. I didn’t want a tiny inexpensive high chair and I’m so happy that’s what I spent money on. It’s been one of my best baby purchases.

rivkam

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 2:32 am
I've heard really good things about the rock and play for a new born which I think is pretty inexpensive.

Play mats are pretty expensive so it might worth splurging on that although your baby won't use it for the first month or two.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics