Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
HP laptop - internet only works when plugged in?

esther11

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 10:53 am
Anyone have ideas of how to fix this? We got a new laptop which seems to work totally fine when plugged in to power. When we unplug it and try to use on battery alone it keeps dropping and reconnecting to internet (over and over and over). We plug it back in, and it works again. I tried googling it and it seems that we aren’t the first to have this issue. We tried a bunch of fixes we saw online but so far nothing. Some things we tried: exchanging for a different laptop thinking we got a lemon, updating the drivers, adjusting the power save settings.

Anyone have experience with this? Any advice?

kenz

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 11:50 am
esther11 wrote:
Anyone have ideas of how to fix this? We got a new laptop which seems to work totally fine when plugged in to power. When we unplug it and try to use on battery alone it keeps dropping and reconnecting to internet (over and over and over). We plug it back in, and it works again. I tried googling it and it seems that we aren’t the first to have this issue. We tried a bunch of fixes we saw online but so far nothing. Some things we tried: exchanging for a different laptop thinking we got a lemon, updating the drivers, adjusting the power save settings.

Anyone have experience with this? Any advice?

I had this years ago with an old laptop, it drove me crazy. I don’t remember what fixed it but if it’s a new laptop you should call HP immediately. You should not have to fix it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics