Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bottle warmer
1  2  Next

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:28 am
I’m looking for a bottle warmer that has the option of keeping a bottle warm during the night. So when my baby wakes up I have a warm bottle ready. I don’t want to have to warm it up at 3 am.
Can you tell me which one you have and if you’re happy.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:33 am
If you are using powder... add it to your bottles... and fill up a small thermos with warm water. Add water to bottle when needed. (Suggesting this as you may already have this item, and I’ve been reading the frugal threads).

butterfly2

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:26 am
I’m also interested in a bottle warmer. Does it just keep a hot bottle warm or if a bottle has gotten cold can the warmer bring the temperature up?
Additionally, is it permissible to use on shabbos?

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:16 am
emcee wrote:
I’m also interested in a bottle warmer. Does it just keep a hot bottle warm or if a bottle has gotten cold can the warmer bring the temperature up?
Additionally, is it permissible to use on shabbos?

I’ve searched online and whatever I saw was a warmer that warms up the bottle. I didn’t come across any that keeps the bottle warm for a few hours. That’s what I’m looking for.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:19 am
I believe the milk will spoil if you keep it warm that long

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:27 am
clowny wrote:
I’ve searched online and whatever I saw was a warmer that warms up the bottle. I didn’t come across any that keeps the bottle warm for a few hours. That’s what I’m looking for.

The milk will spoil probably.
What you can do is get a bottle warmer with a timer that we have the bottle warm at 3am for example

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:30 am
I have a relative that uses a mini crockpot to keep the bottles warm.

I’m not sure if it’s a safe option, but figured I’d share it anyway!

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:48 am
Is this for formula or breastmilk?

SisterSix

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:33 pm
Think about the milk that you drink - would you really want to drink it after it was warm for a few hours?

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:06 pm
Let me clarify. I’m talking about a formula bottle. So I would like to keep the water warm and just add the formula when baby wakes up.

clowny

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
The milk will spoil probably.
What you can do is get a bottle warmer with a timer that we have the bottle warm at 3am for example

First I’ll have to teach my baby to wake up every night at the same time Very Happy
Then I’ll think about this option.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:08 pm
clowny wrote:
Let me clarify. I’m talking about a formula bottle. So I would like to keep the water warm and just add the formula when baby wakes up.

Oooh.
Maybe keep a small percolator or hot water thermos near your bed?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:10 pm
clowny wrote:

I keep my percolator on and have hot water. It takes less than two minutes to prepare the baby's bottle at 3 am. It's the only thing that really works for me. In a six ounce bottle I put two ounces boiling water and four ounces room temperature water . Add the three scoops of formula and voila .

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:18 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I keep my percolator on and have hot water. It takes less than two minutes to prepare the baby's bottle at 3 am. It's the only thing that really works for me. In a six ounce bottle I put two ounces boiling water and four ounces room temperature water . Add the three scoops of formula and voila .

Yup that’s what I do when I have formula to do: keep bottles filled with water from percolater most of the way and just add a bit more to make it warmer and then add the powder

pesek zman

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:43 pm
First trick is not getting baby used to warm bottles. Room temperature is the way to go. If baby is young you can still teach her

EMEN

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:44 pm
I keep a thermos, bottles half filled with water, and a formula dispenser near my bed. Bottle is ready in seconds.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:45 pm
Wrap the bottles of boiling water in towels and when baby wakes up the water will be warm.. just add formula

I almost burned down my house with a bottle warmer.... my pillow caught on fire from it ... I wouldn’t recommend after my experience

clowny

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 9:19 am
pesek zman wrote:
First trick is not getting baby used to warm bottles. Room temperature is the way to go. If baby is young you can still teach her

Try drinking a room temperature coffee in the morning...

It feels much better to give a baby a nice n warm bottle. I feel bad giving room temperature

So now I use a thermos. It’s ok. I was just wondering if there’s anything more convenient.
I guess not.

essie14

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:11 am
pesek zman wrote:

Yup, this was the best advice I got from more experienced moms. My baby got room temp bottles from the beginning. How do you warm bottles when you're out and about?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 10:16 am
clowny wrote:
Try drinking a room temperature coffee in the morning...

It feels much better to give a baby a nice n warm bottle. I feel bad giving room temperature

So now I use a thermos. It’s ok. I was just wondering if there’s anything more convenient.
I guess not.

Not a good analogy since formula tastes like dreck anyway. Warm, cold: newborns don't care.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics