Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
What is the Going Rate for Music Lessons in Lakewood?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:02 pm
My son in Lakewood has been asked to teach a 10-year-old boy to play the flute. What is the going rate for one-on-one lessons from an adult male, and how long is a typical music lesson? This would be at the boy's home.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 8:06 pm
I don't know about flute, but for guitar I was told $30ish for 30 minutes.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 10:21 pm
I'm paying $30 for 30 minutes for violin in my home. Very experienced teacher. For guitar I paid $70 for a one hour session in my home.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 11:25 pm
I used to pay $45 for 30 mins guitar in my home; in the teachers place it would have been $35.

Also $40 for 30 mins flute lesson at the teachers home.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 7:22 pm
Anyone else?

Emotional

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 7:24 pm
Would't it also depend on the level of experience and skill of the teacher?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 7:34 pm
Yes, and perhaps more even more important is the teacher's ability to teach — to connect with and motivate the student. Also, it's not so easy to find a frum male flute teacher, so my son may benefit from supply and demand.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 30 2018, 7:50 pm
I know someone who teaches keyboard. It is a very specific way of teaching and he has a waiting list for individual students. he charges $70 for 30 minutes and students come to him. Again, it is all about what you are teaching and the supply and demand...

gesher

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:29 am
Those of you who are paying $30 for 30 min. For Guitar lessons can you please share the teachers info? I've been quoted $45 for 30 min in my home.

SleepingBeauty

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
I know someone who teaches keyboard. It is a very specific way of teaching and he has a waiting list for individual students. he charges $70 for 30 minutes and students come to him. Again, it is all about what you are teaching and the supply and demand...

I am looking into keyboard lessons, what is the specific way of teaching that you are referring to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts