Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation at 6 weeks pregnant?
1  2  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:35 am
I booked tickets to go away not thinking I’d be pregnant. Bh I am. Can’t decide if I should cancel or risk going in the first stages of nausea and tiredness. Help me decide?? I can’t remember when I started feeling nauseas by my other kids....

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:44 am
I would wait, for the second trimester for a different reason. There is a chance to miscarry in the first trimester. I looked into it once. Many people blame flying led them to miscarry. Even though their doctor told them it was perfectly safe. It's not the flying but the more physical activities, the packing, the not-getting-enough sleep that I would imagine is not good for a pregnant woman's body at that point. Are you going to get up late each day and relaxing. Or extra early, sightseeing, hiking?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:46 am
No Hust a relaxing mini getaway. But yea flying. Planing just to sit by the beach

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:56 am
In the past I would say go and have fun. Since having an early first trimester miscarriage, in the future Iy”h when I get pregnant again I am totally taking it easy and not do anything extra. It doesn’t matter if doctors think it’s safe. But that’s just my opinion. It would depend on your situation.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:05 pm
I had two miscarriages less than a week after flying, so I don’t fly anymore when pregnant. I missed my grandfathers funeral becasue I was pregnant.
That being said, I’ve gone on plenty of vacations in early pregnancy. My kids are all may-July, so those pregnancies I’ve been early pregnant in the summer. I wouldn’t plan anything crazy busy or amusement parks or anything like that, but there’s no reason not to go on with life. I thoroughly enjoyed each vacation. Most of them were actually road trips, and they were a lot of fun.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
In the past I would say go and have fun. Since having an early first trimester miscarriage, in the future Iy”h when I get pregnant again I am totally taking it easy and not do anything extra. It doesn’t matter if doctors think it’s safe. But that’s just my opinion. It would depend on your situation.

I just wouldn’t want to deal with a m/c on vacation. For that reason I’d stay home. (I have, and it had nothing to do with my road trip).

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 12:11 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I had two miscarriages less than a week after flying, so I don’t fly anymore when pregnant. I missed my grandfathers funeral becasue I was pregnant.
That being said, I’ve gone on plenty of vacations in early pregnancy. My kids are all may-July, so those pregnancies I’ve been early pregnant in the summer. I wouldn’t plan anything crazy busy or amusement parks or anything like that, but there’s no reason not to go on with life. I thoroughly enjoyed each vacation. Most of them were actually road trips, and they were a lot of fun.

Oh wow . Were those first trimester miscarriages or second as well ?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:21 pm
I went on vacation for 10ish days when I was a few days pregnant (I didn't know at the time, got the positive right after I got home) I was hiking, jet skiing and went to Disney world. I was really tired at the end of each day and thought it was because I wasn't used to that much exercise but I didn't get less tired after I got home.

It was a few months after I had a chemical pregnancy and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. My doctor told me then that he didn't think there was any connection between a pregnancy taking hold and level of activity. Just be comfortable with your decision whatever way you decide.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:27 pm
Can you get the money back or change for no fee?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:29 pm
amother wrote:
Can you get the money back or change for no fee?

I don’t think I can cancel the tickets for refund, but my health and pregnancy comes first. I just really wanna go. Guess I’ll talk to my doc

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:30 pm
We honeymooned with me 6 wks pregnant
Was tired but fine. Later pregnancies ended in mc with no flying!!

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:38 pm
I would be totally fine with it. Every woman is different.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 1:55 pm
You have to know yoursekf.
I flew to Israel at 4 weeks pregnant, and to a domestic trip when pregnant just a couple of days, without a problem bh.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 2:07 pm
Go and enjoy yourself. Make sure to take along anti nausea helpers if necessary. B'shaah Tova!
I've done it and while I'll never forget the nausea associated with that trip, I don't regret the trip at all.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
Oh wow . Were those first trimester miscarriages or second as well ?

6 weeks and 13 weeks

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 5:37 pm
This vacation sounds easier than regular life so I say go for it but have low expectations and let yourself relax and sleep a lot

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:20 pm
I did a five hour flight to at 8 weeks. We upgraded the tickets to business class to give me more leg room and easier access to a bathroom- which I definitely needed. I drank a lot, did a lot of ginger ale, and was basically fine after an hour in.

Once I got there, it was relaxing, but a big issue was food. There were things I wouldn't or couldn't eat or be around, so restaurants were hard- we tried, but ended up taking out more, which was nice. And I needed food in the room when I woke up, so we brought and bought that.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:52 pm
Bump. I just found out and iyh it will stick, that I am very early in a pregnancy but I was supposed to go away with my extended family over Yeshiva week. I’m really concerned about going because I just had a chemical pregnancy and I’m doing ivf. WWYD?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:07 pm
amother wrote:
Bump. I just found out and iyh it will stick, that I am very early in a pregnancy but I was supposed to go away with my extended family over Yeshiva week. I’m really concerned about going because I just had a chemical pregnancy and I’m doing ivf. WWYD?

I would stay put. But that’s just me. I would be too scared to cv get bad news while on the trip.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:

I went. By that point I had a heartbeat and an 7 week u/s where everything was on track. I also prepared myself by looking into my insurance and made a mental plan of how I would deal with complications.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics