Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tucked in/out
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 3:47 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
Tucked in is important for tznius reasons, because lately most tops are skimpy on material, and end just at the waist, or a bit lower. You bend over or reach up and all is visible.

Cropped shirts are already out of style. Shirts these days are going past the hips

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 3:57 pm
Could be, but that length isn’t flattering to everyone.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 4:52 am
In Israel it is common to see a long, light skirt to the ankles under a 3/4. No cling but it only really works if your thin.

Boys I like tucked in but its not 'minhag hamakom' here. My boys did it wonderful until dh said that he doesn't think its necessary (though he always tucks). Now they do what they want.

Girl's tucking is a pet peeve of mine. I believe every school uniform should come with the option of tucked or over skirt (not too long, tailored) to suit the figure of the girl. It urks me that most of the teachers are wearing suits were the top goes over the skirt and the girls are forced to wear close fitting skirts and shirts tucked in even if they are overweight. A killer for self image to see a break/horizontal line around a too wide midsection.

Also, being BTs my dh has been around the block a few times. He gives chaf zechus to schools that women probably choose the uniform. He said whoever did hopefully does not realize how attracting a girl is in a skirt close on the hips ending just where you can get the shape of the thighs. He also does not understand why the schools are so resistant to the ankle (not floor dragging) skirt. It was great for our alte buubies who wouldn't be caught dead showing off their ankles, let alone shok. Today it also doesn't fit the problem of attracting attention because a large number of frum women wear them. Among young women also in charedi circles.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 5:07 am
(About static in clothing, causing it to cling - synthetic clothing, including tights etc. collects static and using a dryer also makes things full of static. So if you want to avoid clinging clothing, a. use non-synthetic as much as pos. b. hang synthetics out to dry and do not dry them in a drying machine)

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Oct 20 2007, 9:44 pm
The two most staticky items in my wardrobe, are a 100% silk suit and a cotton skirt.

My husband always tucks in if he is wearing a button down shirt. Polo's stay out. My older son keeps himself tucked in all day. (he gets nutty when he thinks his shirt is untucked.)

My second sun tucks in in the morning but when I pick him up he always hanging out.

my third son is a lost cause, and I do not even bother tucking him in anymore. I'll leave it to his rebbe to straiten him out when the time comes.

mumoo

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 1:22 am
a woman can look nice tucked in if she has any kind of waist and the skirt top has a wide or finished/zipper waistline. A woman with no waist, in a skirt with an elastic band does not look nice with a tucked in shirt
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics