Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Can I make "sesame chicken" with whole cutlets?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:54 pm
I am making a fleishig buffet for my sons Bar Mitzvah and I was planning on doing sesame chicken as one of the main dishes. Do you think I can make a baked sesame chicken recipe with whole thin cutlets instead of bite sized pieces? Or will I ruin it?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:15 pm
Why would you want to do that? Whats your reasoning?

mom!

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:18 pm
Probably because it is easier to serve. Sure you can.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:20 pm
meatandpotatoes wrote:
Probably because it is easier to serve. Sure you can.

She wrote buffet style so it’s self service?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:26 pm
You can do whole chicken cutlets with a sesame sauce, why not? Test it out for supper one night before you make a whole lot.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:34 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Why would you want to do that? Whats your reasoning?

It's easier to know portion wise how many servings I put out. People take different amounts when it's nugget size pieces. I'm having four different Protein options but I thought doing it this way would make it simpler. Also less work cutting tons of cutlets.

simba

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:45 pm
I think the chicken wouldn’t be as tasty as you get suace with each bite when they are cooked in bits.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 7:50 pm
simba wrote:
I think the chicken wouldn’t be as tasty as you get suace with each bite when they are cooked in bits.

That's what I was concerned about . Ok, will do nuggets. Thanks everyone for your input.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
It's easier to know portion wise how many servings I put out. People take different amounts when it's nugget size pieces. I'm having four different Protein options but I thought doing it this way would make it simpler. Also less work cutting tons of cutlets.

Can you pay the butcher to cut into nuggets?

If you decide to do the whole cutlets, I wouldn't bake in sauce but rather season and bake in a method that you know comes out juicy for whole cutlets and then pour on the bubbling sauce when done and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:27 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I hear you. Take a good sharp knife and a cutting board and get to work. Some butchers sell nugget sized pieces already( in bulk packages too). Imo, some will take 2 big pieces so it’s like 2 portions. When they are in nuggets they don’t take too much. Happy cooking! What other dishes are you making?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:40 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I hear you. Take a good sharp knife and a cutting board and get to work. Some butchers sell nugget sized pieces already( in bulk packages too). Imo, some will take 2 big pieces so it’s like 2 portions. When they are in nuggets they don’t take too much. Happy cooking! What other dishes are you making?

I'm making:

Sesame chicken
Grilled chicken cutlets
Beef Roast
Asian style sweet and sour meatballs
Orzo with mushrooms
Rice with colorful peppers
Individual doughless Potatoe knishes
Stuffed mushrooms
Vegetable Kugel
Caesar salad with cold cuts
Angel hair corn beef salad
Brocolli craisin salad
Portabello mushroom salad
My mothers famous marinated veg. Salad
Purple cabbage salad

Dessert table with an array of options . Cakes, Trifles, fruit, compote, different types of chocolate bark , nuts etc (it will be the night of tu bshvat)

simba

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:44 pm
flowerpower wrote:

I use kitchen shears for cutting into nuggets. I find it simpler then a knife.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:33 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I'm making:

Sesame chicken
Grilled chicken cutlets
Beef Roast
Orzo with mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms
Vegetable Kugel
Brocolli craisin salad
Purple cabbage salad

Dessert table with an array of options . Cakes, Trifles, fruit, compote, different types of chocolate bark , nuts etc (it will be the night of tu bshvat)

Sounds good!!!! Are you making all the salads yourself? Make the dressings and the marinated ones the day before. It will save you some time.

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

r1

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:40 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I'm making:

Sesame chicken
Grilled chicken cutlets
Beef Roast
Orzo with mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms
Vegetable Kugel
Brocolli craisin salad
Purple cabbage salad

Wow! It sounds incredible! Can I have ur marinated salad recipe?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:41 pm
Mazel Tov! Sounds amazing!

ectomorph

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 9:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I'm making:

Sesame chicken
Grilled chicken cutlets
Beef Roast
Orzo with mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms
Vegetable Kugel
Brocolli craisin salad
Purple cabbage salad

Are you making all this alone???

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:06 pm
Thanks everyone. I have experience cooking on my own for simchos and parties , and I have it all down pat. I do it all alone and enjoy it.
We decided to do it Buffet style this time to make it easier for me during the simcha so that I don't have to be busy plating and serving and will be able to participate more . I also wanted to avoid having to pay for waiters.
It's going to be a simple affair in my house for about 45 people. But good food there will be.
I make whatever is freezable in advance. The chicken dishes will be made fresh. The rice will be fresh.
All the salads and dressings will be prepped a couple of days before and assembled right before serving.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:12 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Thanks everyone. I have experience cooking on my own for simchos and parties , and I have it all down pat. I do it all alone and enjoy it.
We decided to do it Buffet style this time to make it easier for me during the simcha so that I don't have to be busy plating and serving and will be able to participate more . I also wanted to avoid having to pay for waiters.
It's going to be a simple affair in my house for about 45 people. But good food there will be.
I make whatever is freezable in advance. The chicken dishes will be made fresh. The rice will be fresh.
All the salads and dressings will be prepped a couple of days before and assembled right before serving.
you are incredibly talented. Hats off to you. Don't tell my husband such things are possible lol.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:30 pm
r1 wrote:
Wow! It sounds incredible! Can I have ur marinated salad recipe?

The vegetables are:
Green peppers
Red peppers
Yellow peppers
Carrots
Gherkins
Cut all veggies to uniform size (a bit bigger than diced)

Dressing :
Oil
Vinegar
Garlic powder
Salt and Black pepper

I don't have exact amounts . Use mostly peppers , some carrots and lots of gherkins

Mix dressing into the veggies and incorporate well. Let marinate a few hours in the fridge. Taste. Adjust dressing accordingly . Add salt etc if necessary.

It's easy, colorful, tasty and crunchy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey