Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
St peters hospital in new brunswick

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:13 pm
my son is iyh having a small outpatient surgery on friday. my husband thinks, in case of complications c"v and my son has to stay over shabbos, that we should bring food for shabbos. were getting an early morning surgery appt and if everything goes smoothly, well be out of there before 12, so I think its just a waste of time and effort to pack up food along with clothes.
so I wanted to know few things in case we are stuck there over shabbos (which is highly unlikely)

1. do they have a stocked bikur cholim room? (not my type to go to a hospital counting on it, but im really not imagining we will be there over shabbos

2. if I want to bring just one other kid if im there over shbbos, first of all, would the hospital let? and second of all would there be a place for her to sleep (does bikur cholim have a place, does the hospital room have one?)

3. does the hospital in general know about jews?
thanks so much!

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:31 pm
Reach out to Chabad of Rutgers. They have accommodations for families whose children are at the hospital.

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:34 pm
The hospital knows about Jews, but there is nothing kosher at St. Pete's that I know of. We used to get a list of the Jewish patients and visit them over Shabbat. They were very accommodating, and the care there is excellent, but I don't think they have facilities for Jews (I was last in Rutgers in 2014 - things may have changed since.)

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:17 am
Tysm rappel!

simcha2

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:57 am
There is a bikur cholim room stocked with food and sefarim. Also electric candlesticks you can use for licht bentchen.

They know about Jews. (Though be are there are crucifixes in every room, it's a catholic hospital). The staff are amazing. There is a bikur cholim apartment to stay in. (Pretty sure they won't let a sibling stay in the hospital).

Contact bikur cholim of raritan valley.

Refuah shleimah.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:28 pm
simcha2 wrote:
There is a bikur cholim room stocked with food and sefarim. Also electric candlesticks you can use for licht bentchen.

They know about Jews. (Though be are there are crucifixes in every room, it's a catholic hospital). The staff are amazing. There is a bikur cholim apartment to stay in. (Pretty sure they won't let a sibling stay in the hospital).

Refuah shleimah.

Tysm!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:30 pm
simcha2 wrote:

Refuah shleimah.

The hospital is close to Highland Park which has many Shuls and kosher stores. Both New Brunswick and Highland Park have eruvim and both join each other. This information may be useful if you need anything while there. Also, the hospital has a lot of frum doctors working there and there is lots of familiarity with keeping Shabbos there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics