Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Dr. McMenomey NYU ENT

hello 1

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:13 am
He’s a partner in Dr Roland’s office.
Has anyone used him?
I have a surgery scheduled for my ds (13 yrs old) and I’m having a very hard time getting through to him/office with a question I have.
Has anyone had this experience there?

2cents

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:46 am
I had scheduled surgery with him a few years ago (before he left NYU around 2016 and came back in end of 2017, early 2018). Dr. Roland didn't take our insurance and he did. The initial consult was amazing. He was put together, super starched and professional, and oh so caring and informative. We scheduled surgery and set out doing all the many many appointments with his team. Several months later, 2 months before our surgery date (we had to wait for my child to meet either age or weight requirements), we saw him again. And he was a disheleveled mess. Unprofessional, borderline rude, and messy appearance. I tried to do a follow up and had a hard time with his office as well. A therapist who was helping us at the time, who knew him for many years of clients going to him with successful surgeries warned us that she had heard similar stuff about him from other parents, then actually went herself to see him and was taken aback too. This is back in 2015 but we switched doctors due to this.

hello 1

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:25 am
OP here.
Thank you so much for your reply.
We switched ENT's for our son.
Recommended to Dr. Roland, who we went to and paid out of pocket for a consultation.
He told us to use Dr. Mcmenomey for surgery, as like you said he takes our insurance, while Dr. Roland doesn't.
I'm in a big bind now - surgery scheduled for this Thursday.
I just don't know what to do now??

2cents

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:42 am
I would keep trying his office, though they're probably closed today (does he have an answering service?). If you're scheduled for preop or preadmission testing at the hospital, you may be able to get help through there as well (if you tell them you can't reach the doctor and have concerns). Maybe they'll let you speak to the surgical ENT on call, and he'll be able to guide you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics