Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
So where was the party?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:23 pm
So now that the New Year’s Eve party from the frum comediennes is over does anyone know where it was? How it was?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:24 pm
Please dont start this discussion again.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:24 pm
Yes. Twas in the original place because they were afraid of getting sued. It looked like it sucked. I didn’t see food nor booze. The crowd looked like...... loosers. The place was set up like a mini school lunchroom.

fmt4

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:25 pm
It ended up being at the original place, garden at eat-in. Looks like it was a big success! And no one got struck by lightning!

Sanity wins. Yay!

fmt4

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:26 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Twas in the original place because they were afraid of getting sued. It looked like it sucked. I didn’t see food nor booze. The crowd looked like...... loosers. The place was set up like a mini school lunchroom.

Lol. You seem delightful.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 3:37 pm
It looked like a hs lunchroom with a bunch of ladies. I wouldn't call it a big success but wtvr

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:28 pm
And Kol Isha (yes, Leah SANG) suddenly became halachically okay, just like everything else.
Progress!
I'm surprised, because Flatbushgirls "tayna" was that there is absolutely nothing wrong with women SPEAKING for men. Surprise! Now you can sing too, and if you bash anyone, you're anti feminist.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:54 pm
I'm sure the few men in attendance didn't bother to organize a minyan for Maariv afterwards...

Anyway it isn't something worth protesting anymore. When they had to bully their way into having a secret event not only are they evil they are evil losers.

I pity all of those in attendance.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
And Kol Isha (yes, Leah SANG) suddenly became halachically okay, just like everything else.
Progress!
I'm surprised, because Flatbushgirls "tayna" was that there is absolutely nothing wrong with women SPEAKING for men. Surprise! Now you can sing too, and if you bash anyone, you're anti feminist.

I find this interesting.
One of the things people against this were saying was that giving in and allowing a small breach in tznius- letting women speak and tell jokes in front of men- will inevitably lead to greater breaches in tznius.
Seems that was true.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:04 pm
why are you surprised that she sang? Her comedy act always included singing.
That was the least of the issues with the event imo. It was advertised as a moshav letzim.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:07 pm
I don't follow her on Instagram but checked her page to see where the party was held and honestly she has an anti halacha attitude. She made fun of the need for a mechitza, made fun of covering your knees etc. It's sad that once people decide they want to be memorable and different, they feel the need to tear down halacha in the process.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:09 pm
If she bothers you, ignore her and she'll go away. The more attn you give her, the more publicity she gets.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
I find this interesting.
One of the things people against this were saying was that giving in and allowing a small breach in tznius- letting women speak and tell jokes in front of men- will inevitably lead to greater breaches in tznius.
Seems that was true.

"letting women". All adults here - making choices - and no Rabbi certifying, permitting or otherwise sanctioning anything.

Those who need a mashgiach for their entertainment - can look elsewhere.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
I don't follow her on Instagram but checked her page to see where the party was held and honestly she has an anti halacha attitude. She made fun of the need for a mechitza, made fun of covering your knees etc. It's sad that once people decide they want to be memorable and different, they feel the need to tear down halacha in the process.

No not "people" or "they" - the specific people who put on this event.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:

Her page only shows a fraction of it. I followed her for a few days after this hullabaloo and her instastories are sick. Today's was the last straw, and I promptly unfollowed her.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
Her page only shows a fraction of it. I followed her for a few days after this hullabaloo and her instastories are sick. Today's was the last straw, and I promptly unfollowed her.

I unfollowed her a few weeks ago. I feel FREE now!!!

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:15 pm
Garden of Eat In gave in b/c they didn't want to get into trouble with the government. They agreed to host it in return for her dropping her complaint. AKA she blackmailed them.
Lovely.
https://www.nydailynews.com/ne.....5-rRk

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:27 pm
amother wrote:
I unfollowed her a few weeks ago. I feel FREE now!!!

Why are you following updates about her here then?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:08 pm
She is such a disgusting human being, unbelievable. Her hair style and way of dress Puke Puke Puke
How can a mother do this to her child??

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
Why are you following updates about her here then?

I can follow it on my terms. After last nights event I was curious to see how it was so I checked it out.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics