Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
HELP! That nasty, nasty blue screen...

What should I do about it?
Call my local Rav/posek  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Call the doctor  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wake up dh to commiserate  
 50%  [ 2 ]
Say Tehillim  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Go to sleep and hope that it won't ever happen again?  
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 7:26 pm
It happens suddenly, with no warning whatsoever! That nasty blue screen appears and I have to restart my computer, losing any information that I have not saved!
When I restart, Windows politely asks if I wish to share the details of my problem with them, which I generally do. A browser opens with the following message:

Quote:
Problem caused by Device Driver: You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

Problem report summary

Problem type: Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?: No

What does this problem mean?: Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause: Unknown

Computer symptoms: A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take: Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Any good advice will be appreciated!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 7:40 pm
Ah, the Blue Screen of Death...

MrsLeo

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 9:36 pm
It's happened to me quite a few times. You can try calling the manufactorer of your computer or if you cant then you can try to google the error code.
Good Luck!

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 10:49 am
The same thing happened to me; did you recently install K9 web protection? Or any other new program? Try uninstalling anything new or newish and see what happens. The problem disappeared when I uninstalled the program.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 10:51 am
I always say no when they ask if I want a report sent ... it won't do me much good ...

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Oct 14 2007, 1:29 pm
I think it has something to do with attaching mp3 players and cameras to the computer and not removing them correctly. When I do a safe remove it offers three options even though there is only one mp attached. How do I know which one to choose?

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 7:12 am
Get a newer version of windows, xp pro. Until then it will get worse before better as only this and Vista are really able to recover from our mix and match, plug and play errors.

You can also check if there are new drivers for any hardway you have for your windows on the manufacturers sites. The problem may have to do with more than one piece of hardware accessing the same port. If you what you are doing you can change this.

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 7:14 am
BTW, blue screens more than once in a blue moon do not foretell long life for the computer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics