Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Kashering TechYidCo hot plate for Pesach

salamanca

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 8:37 am
Has anyone kashered their TechYidCo hot plate for Pesach? The instruction booklet mentions that it can be done. I have reached out to the company a couple of times and have not gotten a response. I know I can ask a shaila, but as the rav is unlikely to have heard of this particular hot plate, I wanted to get some advance info on what others do. Thanks!

salamanca

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:45 pm
bump

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 4:59 pm
Can I Kosher my Hot Plate for Pesach?

The top surface of your Shabbos Safe Hotplate can be Kashered for Pesach but please consult your local Rabbi or Hallachic Authority. The unit needs to be clean, free of all food debris, stickers and or stains. If the unit is completely clean, then the stainless steel top surface can koshered by using an open flame. The top surface only needs to reach a temperature hotter than the normal operating temperature of the hotplate. Please be careful only to heat the top surface, avoid heating plastic parts directly with flame.

TechYidCo./Kosher Innovations is not responsible for damage caused by improper use of the flame. TechYidCo./Kosher Innovations is not a Halachic authority, and kashering your Shabbos Safe Hotplate should only be done by a competent Rabbi or Halachic Authority.

salamanca

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:24 pm
Thank you, Purple. I see what the instruction booklet says and what Kosher Innovations has on their website. I want to know what other imamothers have done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics