Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Walmart stole from me, how to handle it
Previous  1  2  3

groisamomma

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:24 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I really don’t get why people feel the need to correct one word from the op’s post. If it bothers you then be quiet and move onto the next interesting post. This happens a lot!!!

The need to be "accepting" and "tolerant" and feeling superior when pointing it out. (Similar to the thread about those that feel threatened by frum people considering themselves superior.) It's always easy to pat yourself on the back when you don't see yourself in the mirror.

P.S. Notice I didn't use the word "liberal" anywhere. Nor did I say anything to the effect of being so open-minded that brains fall out.

Sorry but not sorry if I'm being rude. I feel strongly about the double standard here.

I would have loved to see the same "favorable judgement" we give Walmart given to Rubashkin.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:30 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Ask to speak to her manager. There is always someone on top of the ones answering the phone.

This - ask to speak to the manager. Then with a very respectful tone relay what has occurred till now, and spell out what's unacceptable to you. Then finish off with telling her that the only recourse left to you now is to dispute the credit card charge, but its something you would only do reluctantly when given no other choice. Is there something she can do for you, to avoid all this.

Usually when they hear that you're going to dispute the full charge, it encourages them to act. They lose more money with a dispute, than by issuing you a prepaid shipping label or a partial refund.

Either way, make sure you keep a copy of the invoice, and a record of the item you ordered and the item you received instead. You may need it as evidence when filing the dispute paperwork.

Don't threaten or be disrespectful, it usually backfires. Respect in these cases go a long way.

boat

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:

Don't threaten or be disrespectful, it usually backfires. Respect in these cases go a long way.

This.

First-hand experience from the other side of the phone.

Sebastian

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:56 pm
Eh she should just dispute it and not waste any more of her time on the phone.

pause

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
Pause, I was told that this item cant be returned to a store.

I was trying to say that their customer service sucks and you can go round and round in circles talking to people and, yes even their supervisors, and no one will be able to help you. Good thing you can refute the charge on your card. My cc company gave me no trouble at all.

Amarante

Post Fri, Dec 28 2018, 2:58 pm
You can certainly do a charge back.

However, I suspect that the conversation with CS was not as calm as you might have thought or at least headed south as soon as you stated they were stealing from you to the representative.

I am not a fan of Walmart but my experience with all tedious communications with CS is that you need to remain completely calm and non accusatory. You need to come from a place where of course you realize they want to solve the problem and then just as calmly ask for their supervisor when the solution isn’t acceptable.

And I am still not understanding why Walmart is not willing to credit you for the price difference of the item you received. That seems like the simplest kind of CS transaction. On what grounds do they statute they will only give you a fractious n of the difference in price. I can’t help but think there is something missing as it makes no sense and is something that even the most low level rep can handle. They look at your order and see you were billed $10 for an item that cost $5 and credit you $5

fluffernutter

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 9:59 am
I didn't read the whole thread - just skimmed.

I always use the chat online option. Then I can reread it and they know its all on record. Plus I can doother things at the same time.

And if they ever dont want to refund or do what htey should do, I pull the Amazon card. They are in major competition with Amazon. "I've checked with friends/I've heard that amazon would just refund it (which many times is true). Now I know where to shop. I'm not impressed. Its not my fault. Its yours and I expect you to own up to it. If not, I"ll know I can't continue to shop by you." and go down that path. Usually works.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 3:05 pm
Amarante, I was very calm and respectful to the CS agents. I asked them calmly if they're stealing from me after 1/2 hour of trying to talk to them. The agent didnt even answer me, she just hung up the phone as soon as I asked if they're stealing.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
Amarante, I was very calm and respectful to the CS agents. I asked them calmly if they're stealing from me after 1/2 hour of trying to talk to them. The agent didnt even answer me, she just hung up the phone as soon as I asked if they're stealing.

That's a phrase that raises hackles. I have found that customer service agents respond very well to : I'm having a problem and hope you can help resolve it.

Ask for smaller return boxes if that's what you need.

Accusing a store of stealing doesn't work. Explaining the difficulty should do it. And if not, go to your credit card company, as others have suggested, and dispute the charge.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 9:20 pm
I also have had bad experiences with Walmart and have only ordered from Amazon ever since. I was tired of having my stuff delivered without any packing material and completely broken.

gamanit

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:26 am
Technically if they deliver a product you didn't order you are entitled to a refund for the product you did order and didn't receive and it's their responsibility to come pick up the item you didn't order. They can't require you to pay to return something you never ordered. Tell them that if they do not either refund you or handle the exchange you will take them to small claims court. It's not difficult to file a claim.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:39 am
For next time OP: you were offered a refund of 1/4 of the difference between what you paid and what list price was for product delivered... you say, thank you, who do I talk to get the other 75%.

Nobody wants to be told their employer is a theif. Or worse that they are a theif, which the CS person you called is not.

LittleMissMama

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:58 am
What was the item? You've piqued my curiosity. Is it possible that the item you received is the newer version of the item? The new model?

This is one of the risks of buying a large item online unfortunately. Even if they'll accept the item back, you have to shlep it to Fedex or the post office. They rarely pay for a pickup from your house.

lucky14

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 5:36 pm
I agree that you should try calling back and speaking very respectfully. I know it's so hard not to jump to the "you stole from me" thing but seriously it will work to your benefit not to accuse like that. Ask to speak to a manager. If they wont help you ask who is THEIR supervisor. Ask for the contact for corporate if you have to. BTW if you're so upset you don't think you can remain calm on a phone call write them an e-mail. Ask for the contact for corporate not for customer service at this point.

BTW I've had amazing experiences with Target. Like AMAZING. Like they went beyond what was even necessary and what I was even asking of them. Amazon too. Just so you know for next time... (I've learned it's worth it even if you have to pay a little extra to make purchases from places that will help you if mistakes happen).

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:03 pm
lesson that everyone should learn is DO NOT USE DEBIT CARDS! They arent safe to use and give you no protection.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:32 pm
Amother Pewter, I only use debit cards and never had any issues. I see credit cards as an issue.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
Amother Pewter, I only use debit cards and never had any issues. I see credit cards as an issue.

Do you find you get consumer protection with debit cards? Would your bank reimburse you if you put a deposit through your debit card and the store you made the deposit with filed for bankruptcy?

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:06 pm
I don't understand why people use debit cards rather than credit cards. I use credit cards and pay off every month so there is no interest and effectively I have had the use of the banks' money for free.

I don't even carry a debit card because if there are issues with a debit card, the money is withdrawn from your banking account IMMEDIATELY. Even if you are successful in disputing a charge, you are out of pocket the funds during this period. I learned my lesson when my debit card was stolen and my bank account was drained. Even though the money was put back into my account, it was extremely inconvenient - especially since I had also written checks assuming I had a bank balance to cover the checks which I did not. It was sorted out in the end but I also had to explain why my checks had bounced which was embarrassing.

Technically you also have less protection in terms of fraud or any kind of chargeback because theoretically you are supposed to report it within a short period of time versus a credit card where you have a reasonable time after you receive a statement. And again, if you are disputing a charge for any reason, there is a big difference between not having to pay a disputed charge on a credit card versus waiting for your bank to return funds to your account for a debit card.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 6:14 pm
You can file a complaint with the BBB- they usually respond quickly and follow up.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-.....aints

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:27 pm
I have had great success with Walmart previously. Something I bought didn't come with a crucial part. I used their chat function on the website and was calm, clear, and didn't blame them. I explained what part it was and not only did they send me the part, they also gave me a small credit refund. I will buy again from them! Better than Amazon IME...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics