Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is anyone else finding the Toyota Rav4 uncomfortable?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 2:11 pm
I had a 10+ year old Toyota Camry that I loved and I sold, and now lease a Toyota Rav4.

1- The seats arent anywhere as deep,

2- Getting into and out of the car with the added height, isnt comfortable

3- Closing the door after getting in requires much more effort. You have to extend the body almost totally out of the car to close the door. I think its giving me backaches.

I have the car for about 3 months and I thought I get used to it, and Im not.

Is anyone else finding the Rav4 uncomfortable?

Cheiny

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
I had a 10+ year old Toyota Camry that I loved and I sold, and now lease a Toyota Rav4.

1- The seats arent anywhere as deep,

2- Getting into and out of the car with the added height, isnt comfortable

3- Closing the door after getting in requires much more effort. You have to extend the body almost totally out of the car to close the door. I think its giving me backaches.

I have the car for about 3 months and I thought I get used to it, and Im not.

Is anyone else finding the Rav4 uncomfortable?

Why did you get it if it isn’t comfortable? Didn’t you test drive it first? I tried several cars as my lease was just up, and I had to try several b4 settling on what I wanted.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:28 pm
I have this car and love it! I hope things get better for you.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:30 pm
Nope. Love it. Live in cold climate and love the height, the seats etc Bh.
Sorry u don’t like urs, I think it’s very individual.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:38 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Why did you get it if it isn’t comfortable? Didn’t you test drive it first? I tried several cars as my lease was just up, and I had to try several b4 settling on what I wanted.

Really? Which of the Heimishe dealers allow test-drives before leasing? They dont have access to the cars until the papers are signed. Then its too late.

I stupidly assumed Id like the Toyota Rav4 because I loved the Toyota Camry, and thought Toyota has everything figured out.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
Really? Which of the Heimishe dealers allow test-drives before leasing? They dont have access to the cars until the papers are signed. Then its too late.

I stupidly assumed Id like the Toyota Rav4 because I loved the Toyota Camry, and thought Toyota has everything figured out.

I test drove at wheels to lease and also went to plaza auto mall...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
Nope. Love it. Live in cold climate and love the height, the seats etc Bh.
Sorry u don’t like urs, I think it’s very individual.

How does the height change anything? Ive had people tell me they can see the road better. That may be true, but its like jumping up into a truck and jumping out of it each time. It reminds me of being 6 years old and getting a ride to school with my fathers friend in his truck,

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:

We test drove at the Toyota dealer then ended up getting by someone heimish.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 11:12 pm
amother wrote:

Toyota does make good vehicles, but you can't expect a sedan to feel the same as an SUV to feel the same as a minivan to feel to the same as a pickup truck.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 12:24 am
Toyota doesn’t make each of their cars to fit you. A sedan and an SUV are totally different.
I never heard of buying or leasing a car without test driving it first. How in the world would you know that you’re comfortable?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 12:26 am
Those who lease: Did you test drive?

familyfirst

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 1:39 am
amother wrote:
We test drove at the Toyota dealer then ended up getting by someone heimish.

Just saying that if your original intention was not to buy from the place you tested at, then this is halachically not ok.
Unless there was a chance that you'd have bought it at the original place.
Hope it didn't come across as preachy...🙈

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 11:06 am
familyfirst wrote:
Just saying that if your original intention was not to buy from the place you tested at, then this is halachically not ok.

Well noted. We discussed pricing and told them we were gonna shop around but ultimately found a heimish guy that got it through them:) but thanks for ur concern.

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 11:24 am
familyfirst wrote:

Sometimes a heimish dealer can tell you which Toyota Dealership he works with and you can go test drive there (although you won't be using that salesman). Also, you can test drive and say you are not intending to lease/buy now.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 11:32 am
OP here.

Ive driven and Ive been a passenger in MANY different types of cars over the last 30 years and I havent had a problem with ANY before the RAV4. I didnt dream Id hate it.

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:50 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

Ive driven and Ive been a passenger in MANY different types of cars over the last 30 years and I havent had a problem with ANY before the RAV4. I didnt dream Id hate it.

Then you have the following options (some of which may not be appropriate for you)

1. Deal with it and tell yourself you love it until you actually do.
2. Make the most of it.
3. Find someone to assume the lease and lease something else.
4. Find someone who wants to buy it (change the lease to finance) which would be under that individual's name. You can offer some sort of incentive (to lease something else).
5. Something else

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:59 pm
Since you leased it through a heimish dealer you can go back to the dealer and they may find someone to take over the lease from you and you lease a different vehicle.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
How does the height change anything? Ive had people tell me they can see the road better. That may be true, but its like jumping up into a truck and jumping out of it each time. It reminds me of being 6 years old and getting a ride to school with my fathers friend in his truck,

Are you very short? I find the height makes it easier to get in and out of the car - I don't have to bend over in half when getting in, and unfold myself when getting out. I have a Rav4 for a year now.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 12:09 am
If you find it hard to step in , you can get a step, it’s called a running board.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics