Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
So where was the party?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:34 am
fmt4 wrote:
And what destroyed the Beis Hamikdash?

Hatred of other Jews just because they were different.

This thread is full of vile hatred.

Go ahead and spread vicious gossip, but don’t pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you’re such a good Jew, that you’re saving yiddishkeit by doing that.

We do not throw the Torah with all its mitzvos and aveiros out the window, just to preserve ahavas chinam. Ahavas chinam is very important, but we need to keep halacha at the same time. We do not ignore halacha because we dont want to make someone feel bad.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:38 am
fmt4 wrote:

Go ahead and spread vicious gossip, but don’t pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you’re such a good Jew, that you’re saving yiddishkeit by doing that.

There's a big difference between someone being different and someone doing things against halacha . You know what else destroyed the beis hamikdash? Giluy arayos, and avodah zara .. But somehow everyone only remembers the sinas chinam part. Nothing else matters as long as we love another .

simba

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:39 am
fmt4 wrote:

Go ahead and spread vicious gossip, but don’t pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that such a good Jew, that you’re saving yiddishkeit by doing that.

Oh what a classic response. I have another 10 of those lines I can feed you to support that effort.

I agree. Hatred against another Jew has no place and is actually a sin.
Mommyg8, did not call for hatred or egg throwing but, a outcry against those who make a outright Chillul Hashem will show our children what we stand for.

No. Not everything goes. No, it’s is not OK. Yes, the times are hard and it’s easy to get confused about what is right and wrong. Nothing is wrong with a women talking in front of men. So what could be wrong with joke- telling.. down that slippery slide we go..

Who ever here hates either of those comedians is as pathetic as them themselves. I feel bad and sad for their misguided ways and I feel obligated to take a stand for what’s true and everlasting.

chicco

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:47 am
simba wrote:

I don’t want to see where mainstream Judaism would be today if that attitude was endorsed by Rabbonim during the Spanish Inquisition and the Chanuka story. Jews risked their lives for many generations to remain steadfast in their strict adherence to yiddishkeit in face of threats of the death penalty.
This liberalism has no place in Yiddishkeit and is a threat to its continuation.

Applause Applause Applause

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:48 am
simba wrote:
And you are always ready to defend those who disgrace Hashem and his Torah in the name of tolerance and love. Live and let live.

I don’t want to see where mainstream Judaism would be today if that attitude was endorsed by Rabbonim during the Spanish Inquisition and the Chanuka story. Jews risked their lives for many generations to remain steadfast in their strict adherence to yiddishkeit in face of threats of the death penalty.
This liberalism has no place in Yiddishkeit and is a threat to its continuation.

Wow. Luckily not all rabbis agree with you that liberalism has no place in Judaism or there would be even more OTD then there already are. Chareidi life isn’t for everyone.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:49 am
Such type of people are dangerous for today's yiddishkeit and anyone sticking up for them is foolish. I dont understand why someone would stick up for a person that is making such a chilul hashem an literally dragging our names through the mud.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
Such type of people are dangerous for today's yiddishkeit and anyone sticking up for them is foolish. I dont understand why someone would stick up for a person that is making such a chilul hashem an literally dragging our names through the mud.

Well, maybe not literally dragging your names through the mud...

simba

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:52 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Wow. Luckily not all rabbis agree with you that liberalism has no place in Judaism or there would be even more OTD then there already are. Chareidi life isn’t for everyone.

Is liberalism the opposite of Charedi life? Start a S/O if you wish as that is not how I see it.

If I am not mistaken there is a large conservative America that is not even Jewish. They value family life and respect.

Last edited by simba on Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
Have you seen all of their Facebook and Instagram posts? It most certainly did.

ETA: the whole pretending that any opposition to the gathering was only because of her s-xual orientation was part of this as well. Pretending that besides that there was nothing that anyone could possibly find offensive.

It all amounted to 'this is our turf' - 'stay off our turf'. The rest was just details.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 12:56 pm
Slategray amother wrote:
It looked like it sucked. I didn’t see food nor booze. The crowd looked like...... loosers.

You went to look at the crowd? Or you looked at the photos?

If you looked at my photos from the, er, end of tax year show we went to (which you're not going to find, or if by some chance you do stumble across, not know they're mine) you're not going to see a lot of booze because the only time I take a picture of a drink is when someone standing on the stage makes a l'chaim, but trust me there was.

And how does a loser look? If there are pictures could I see them? And some non-loser photos for comparison?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:12 pm
simba wrote:
And you are always ready to defend those who disgrace Hashem and his Torah in the name of tolerance and love. Live and let live.

Actually, I did expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:30 pm
fmt4 wrote:

What destroyed the bais hamikdash was sinas chinam. Again, the word is chinam. If you're not sure what the translation of chinam is, look if up.

I don't remember the exact wording, but there's a posuk- that you should hate those who I hate, says Hashem.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
Fg has 45 k followers on Instagram. There were like 80 people there what a success

It was sold out, as in there was no room for additional people, and all seats were sold. Are you disappointed that they were unable to fill the Barclay Center?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
No, they cried and stamped their feet and said they won’t let us perform because LF is a lesbian. The real reason they were not allowed to perform is because woman performing and singing for men.

Except for the recording of them saying that they would not allow her to perform because of her z3xual orientation. And the many, many articles referring to whether kashrut certification includes things like gay people performing.

In any case, there are those who believe that it is not kol isha if a microphone is used, as it presumably was in this case.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
And that's after they officially signed a contract with the restaurant that they won't say anything at all against any form of yiddishkeit at the event. (according to the daily news article).

If she would abide by those rules, she would have nothing left to say in her act...

Last edited by Cheiny on Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
How did it turn out in the end to be not 'innocent' - that Leah sang?

It was supposed to be for people who follow Leah and Flatbush girl on social media. It wasn't marketed otherwise.

Singing in front of men in itself is an stablished sin (never mind all her Jew bashing), and she therefore caused every man there to sin (yes the men are repsonsible too, of course, but she facilitated it) and that will have grave consequences for her unfortunately. I truly hope she comes to her senses soon, stops her rebellion against the frum community, and does teshuva.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
Fg has 45 k followers on Instagram. There were like 80 people there what a success

80 Jews sinning is bad enough.,,,

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
Well, maybe not literally dragging your names through the mud...

I literally can’t stand the misuse of this word. Very Happy

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
I am curious about how this works. The same people who keep insisting that there was nothing wrong with anything that was done or said, also insist that its lashon hora to talk about what was done and said.

How does that work?

It’s called selective outrage and hypocrisy.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:30 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I'm not so sure LH applies here in this case where they are causing spiritual harm to a community and making a chillul Hashem. But I haven't asked a shaila. If someone was simply OTD and minding their own business, I agree, keep your mouth shut and no LH.

You’re exactly right. A Jew is supposed to speak out when they see another Jew sinning, and especially a public chillul Hashem.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics