Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
So where was the party?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
Exactly. They presented it as a party where all they wanted to do was provide regular mainstream boro park people with a good time.

Even if just to prove that everyone was crazy and throwing a fit about nothing, I thought they'd be smart enough to keep to that script.

Why’d you expect anything “smart” from them?

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:34 pm
All you tristaters should come out west. It’s always 1989 here.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
I love every fellow jew. It doesn't mean I have to call them frum. Besides , calling someone not frum isn't an insult . I don't understand why it gets people so angry .

It gets them angry because they identify as frum. I get that. Id get very angry if someone told me im not frum.

Having said that I really dont get this approach of accept everything a Jewish person does, even if its proudly flaunting an aveirah, because ahavas chinam is paramount. Thats not how it works.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:36 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Just quoting my previous post again:

Quote:

"Any person who flagrantly abrogates a mitzvah of the Torah must be publicly disgraced, in which case the laws of lashon harah do not apply."

So it's not considered loshon horah.

I googled to see if I could find out how rabbis interpret this, and the only thing I come up with is your posts.

Can you please provide a citation, along with how respected rabbis interpret that. I mean, if my rabbis hold that wearing a sheitl is assur, can I publicly humiliate you if you wear one?

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:37 pm
amother wrote:
I follow both on IG and was really hoping it would be just an evening of comedy and fun, perhaps a "moshav letzim" like someone upthread said, but nothing horrible.

It bothered me deeply that a person who became well known for her comedy through the frum world would try to make a comeback in that world wearing tight pants, a tee shirt, and showing tattoos (Maybe they were fake but certainly still inappropriate.), and then singing in public, an act that she knows the audience members consider a sin.

My main question is why? There are so many MO communities that would appreciate her act. The same people who bring comedians like Modi (not frum I dont think, but knowledgeable and pokes fun without putting religious observance down). And she does get booked at these places. This very event could have been held elsewhere with barely a ripple...why the need to bring it to the heart of boro park?

Obviously you and others are missing her entire motivation, and what drives her these days. She is full of anger at the frum community, is obviously in big-time rebellion mode, and is looking to bash and harm the community as well as she can, through her so called profession. Her interview on the Radio one morning a few weeks ago, gave away her entire motivation. She labeled rabbis “mafia,” she maligned what she calls “the ultra orthodox community,” but made sure to qualify that (how kind of her!) by pretty much saying, “I don’t have anything bad to say about the whole orthodox community, JUST the ULTRA orthodox!” This is someone whom I’ll bet struggles with deep guilt inside, which she may or may not even be in touch with, and therefore she must try to justify her having shamed her entire family and community by not only going OTD, but making sure to go as public as possible with her disdain for yiddishkeit and everything frum. It’s quite sad. But definitely her sole motivation is revenge on a community she holds responsible for her bad choices in life.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
That never happened.

Maybe what she didn't realize just how much harassment should would be subject to.

Are you kidding? That was her entire goal; cause as much anger in the frum community, and get as much publicity for herself, as possible.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:45 pm
fmt4 wrote:
And what destroyed the Beis Hamikdash?

Hatred of other Jews just because they were different.

This thread is full of vile hatred.

Go ahead and spread vicious gossip, but don’t pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that you’re such a good Jew, that you’re saving yiddishkeit by doing that.

Condoning and justifying public sinning and chillul Hashem (one of the worst aveiros) for the sake of supposed brotherly love and acceptance is just disingenuous at best, and totally wrong at worst.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:49 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Are you kidding? That was her entire goal; cause as much anger in the frum community, and get as much publicity for herself, as possible.

Please provide a source for your factual claims.

AIUI, her goal was to make money.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:50 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Singing in front of men in itself is an stablished sin (never mind all her Jew bashing), and she therefore caused every man there to sin (yes the men are repsonsible too, of course, but she facilitated it) and that will have grave consequences for her unfortunately. I truly hope she comes to her senses soon, stops her rebellion against the frum community, and does teshuva.

Every man who was there was fully aware if his ability to walk out the door. And nobody who is holding by kol isha is lining up to see LF do a show.

I'm frankly just blown away that people where expecting this event to be anything different than it was.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Please provide a source for your factual claims.

AIUI, her goal was to make money.

And to launch herself back into stand-up comedy. I listened to the unorthodox podcast last night..

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:56 pm
The people I love most are the ones whose ACTIONS I evaluate and criticize if need be.

It is the literal definition of unconditional love. Love the person even if criticizing their ACTIONS is necessary.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:58 pm
amother wrote:
I love every fellow jew. It doesn't mean I have to call them frum. Besides , calling someone not frum isn't an insult . I don't understand why it gets people so angry .

Because they try to justify their own sins by saying everyone is frum despite any and all aveiros done...just do what feels good.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:58 pm
It is axiomatic that one may not, for example, hear shofar through a microphone, as a microphone is not the actual sound of the person but an electrical generated sound and hence one does not fulfill his obligation of Shofar with hearing an electric sound imitation.

Same reason that you cannot fulfill your obligation to hear havdalah over the telephone, or the megillah by podcast. Its not considered to be the actual voice, given the electronic modification.

Well, there are rabbis who apply the same reasoning to kol isha.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics