Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please I need advice and my sanity back!

Beingreal

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:07 am
My 2 year old was sick 2 weeks ago and didn't sleep through the night so that was one week without sleep. She is better Baruch Hashem but now is getting her molars and I haven't slept all week because she screams and screams to be held. Advil and tylenoll won't work and my house and me are falling apart because I am so tired. I was with her from 1:20 and now it's 2 am and left the room because I thought she was sleepibg and she is screaming! She throws her paci out so she can't put herself to sleep. My dh is no help and just sleeps. HELP!

dankbar

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:27 am
Maybe try rubbing with a qtip some liquor on her gums to numb it or orajel if it's still allowed

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:21 am
2 year old molars are the worst! I feel so bad for both of you.

When DD was that age, I was making dinner and I had a bag of frozen green beans on the counter. She kept pointing at them and saying "DAT!", which of course means anything she wants it to. I finally figured out she wanted the green bean, so I gave her one and watched closely to see what she'd do.

She took the bean and put it on her back gums where the molars were coming in! Smart kiddo, I was super impressed. She would chew bits of the bean carefully and never choked, not even once. I would give her little cups of frozen green beans, and she'd be happy for hours.

When she got older, she loved frozen peas, corn, and blueberries, too. It was a texture thing for her, and often the only way I could get her to eat healthy food.

They make these mesh things that look like a paci, but you can put frozen food in it. Your toddler can suck on it, but the mesh keeps the fiber part inside the bag where she won't choke on it if you put her to bed with it. They can be washed in the dishwasher. I always kept a couple on hand for messy things like cantaloupe and watermelon. https://www.amazon.com/Munchki.....?th=1

So, frozen finger food by day, mesh feeder in the crib. Give it a couple more weeks, and she'll be fine. The added bonus of chewing on frozen food, is that it pushes the gums back and helps the teeth come through faster.

Beingreal

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:36 am
Thanks Im so tired! Had only 3 hours of sleep..I am on strike because I am so tired and nothing is getting done. Worst part she won't nap!

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:53 am
Ask ur doc his opinion on melatonin... 500 micrograms is considered very safe for a 2 year old . Maybe it'll help her nap and u can nap too or give it to her before bedtime to keep her asleep or even when she wakes up in middle of the night ..
Desperate times desperate measures Smile))

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:00 am
Melatonin will put her to sleep but won't cause her to stay sleeping and I wouldn't use it so young.

The good news is this will be over in a few weeks once the molars come in

sorry I've dealt with this myself... continue with Motrin and Tylenol Around the Clock

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:03 am
I know this won't help but none of my kids slept when they got their molars... It was hell! I think some kids suffer way more than others, and no dr ever believed the extent of what we went through.
The only thing I can suggest is to keep in mind it's temporary and it will pass.
Good luck

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:06 am
amother wrote:

The only thing I can suggest is to keep in mind it's temporary and it will pass.

Repeat this until she gets married and moves out! LOL

Beingreal

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:44 am
Thanks everyone! you all got me to smile! Trying to put get in for a nap but she is nt sleeping!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:31 am
I would give ice pops, it numbs the pain and it'll keep her occupied for a bit. g'luck

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 3:08 pm
Camilla is a natural remedy that I used from the health food store & it seemed to work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics