Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What can I send?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:05 am
Have a family member that is unwell and finally coming home for Shabbos from Hospital after extended stay. What can I send for shabbos that is appropriate? Besides for the obvious flowers and choc.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:15 am
When a friend of mine was in hospital I sent a care package of her fav chocolate, coloring books of Psalms and blessings with twistable crayons, a dammit doll, and an oil diffuser with an assortment of oils plus some of her fav DVDs.

I realize that isn't Shabbat appropriate... But this was an in general thing

Specifically for Shabbat if swap the DVDs for books. And the coloring books for a puzzle of a pretty scenery or maybe some sort of 3D puzzle thing. Would def inculde the dammit doll... It's basically a doll that had this cute little poem about how when you hurt slam the doll instead... I'd also maybe sent comfy/fun slippers or a nice blanket.... Depending of the type of pain she might be in some sort of cute hot water bottle thing...

Also something for the main caretaker... A nice lotion or perfume... Something sweet

I mean.. what does this person enjoy

Also... Send the coloring books/arts stuff bc they will enjoy it after Shabbat

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:26 am
If s/he likes to read, a book is always appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics