Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Redoing kitchen - central NJ

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:26 pm
I'm considering redoing a kitchen for a rental unit. Anyone have experience - most durable cabinetry and installation at the best cost? Anyone used https://solidwoodcabinets.com/? Please share any experience that you have had in this matter. Thanks in advance!

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:17 pm
I have zero experience with this company but if you're looking for durable cabinets, you may want to look harder.

Pic from their website with my comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The plastic corner braces are a big tipoff that these are not made to last. I would guess that the drawer slides, which do not even appear to be full extension, will not hold up in the long run either.

But it's for a rental. Maybe all that matters is price.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:28 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I have zero experience with this company but if you're looking for durable cabinets, you may want to look harder.

Pic from their website with my comments:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The plastic corner braces are a big tipoff that these are not made to last. I would guess that the drawer slides, which do not even appear to be full extension, will not hold up in the long run either.

Wishing you much hatzlacha with your remodel!

Thank you very much! Can I ask, based on your experience, which company(ies) would you recommend for durable cabinetry that are at the best prices?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:50 pm
For a combination of durability and price, I would get a stained (not painted) cabinet with European or American glides (Blum glides are an industry standard) and wood corner blocks. Stick with framed cabinets for durability. Among lines I sell (but I'm not in NJ) 6 Square is a good stock cabinet. Also look at Cubitac, but not their Basic line, and get Blum upgrades. Among lines I don't sell, look at Fabuwood.

All of these will be more expensive than the cabinets you linked. And depending on who's renting, it's possible that whatever you choose will be destroyed.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 6:09 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
For a combination of durability and price, I would get a stained (not painted) cabinet with European or American glides (Blum glides are an industry standard) and wood corner blocks. Stick with framed cabinets for durability. Among lines I sell (but I'm not in NJ) 6 Square is a good stock cabinet. Also look at Cubitac, but not their Basic line, and get Blum upgrades. Among lines I don't sell, look at Fabuwood.

All of these will be more expensive than the cabinets you linked. And depending on who's renting, it's possible that whatever you choose will be destroyed.

Thanks a lot - I really appreciate your help!

mommyfish

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 2:19 pm
I have a family member in Central Jersey who sells these kind of cabinets. (the Fabuwood) 732-503-9226.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 2:22 pm
I have Cubitac cabinets in my old house that have lasted with zero issues for almost a decade. Ordered Cubitac cabinets for the new house I am building as well. They are fantastic!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 2:25 pm
Gorgeous, no? Entire kitchen comes in around $10,000. Countertops included.
https://cubitac.com/dover-shale/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen