Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Umbilical cord around neck
1  2  Next

racheli:)

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:33 pm
My baby was born with an umbilical cord tied around his neck twice.
Will it leave effects on his future development?

exhausted

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:36 pm
It is extremely common. My 22 year old son was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice. He is tall and extremely smart and very athletic. Mazel Tov on your new baby!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:37 pm
My son was born like that 10 yrs ago. Dr unwound as he was born. If monitor was connected and heart rate remained stable, should b fine. That's one of the situations where they would do emergency c. If all went well, should not have any impact. Mazal tov!

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:38 pm
Thank you! Out of all my children he is the worst sleeper but it might just be a coincidence and his nature. He also likes sleeping when he has something over his neck, like a cloth and then he falls asleep much faster.

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:39 pm
He is 6 weeks now Smile

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:41 pm
My 15 month old was born like that, the right doctor shaliach was so amazing. I didn't have time to get nervous, she was so quick at dealing with it. He started walking at a year and is babbling and making all sorts of sounds. He has shoes for 2 months already. He is with the program and smart. I say he is 15 months, going on 15 years!
Mazel tov!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:42 pm
Just wondering what the problem would be - the baby doesn't start breathing until he's out, and by then the cord is off... what am I missing?

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:45 pm
What I mean is if it makes psychological difference if born with cord around neck or not?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:46 pm
No, so normal. Often it’s the active babies with the cord around their neck more than once, all those somersaults in utero!
When Dd was born I unhooked her cord from under her chin.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:53 pm
racheli:) wrote:
What I mean is if it makes psychological difference if born with cord around neck or not?

A friend of mine had that with her daughter, and this girl was by far the most difficult of the rest of the kids, who were all pretty mellow.

My friend took her to a cranio-sacral therapist, used Rescue Remedy when needed, and B'H the girl is very well adjusted and happy now. No more tantrums, her grades improved, and she made a lot more friends.

Friend started treatment at age 2, and wishes she'd started sooner.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:55 pm
I have four kids and all were born with cord 3 times around the neck. First one was born naturally and wasnt crying when she was born until the doc took the cord off and cleaned her nose and mouth (had meconium). Next 3 were born via csection and for the same reason. As they were descending the cord got tighter and tighter.

All four are k"ah very smart and doing extremely well academically.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:03 pm
amother wrote:
A friend of mine had that with her daughter, and this girl was by far the most difficult of the rest of the kids, who were all pretty mellow.

My friend took her to a cranio-sacral therapist, used Rescue Remedy when needed, and B'H the girl is very well adjusted and happy now. No more tantrums, her grades improved, and she made a lot more friends.

Friend started treatment at age 2, and wishes she'd started sooner.

Was she the one featured in Ami?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:10 pm
my 3 kids were born with the cord around the neck - once wrapped 3 times, one wrapped twice, and one wrapped around the neck and also around the arms and legs. BH the cords were long enough and flexible enough that there were no issues, all are healthy BH! It's common because healthy babies move around a lot over all those months Smile

If you are concerned about your baby's health it's good to talk to the pediatrician. There are no dumb questions!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:18 pm
my baby was born via c-section for this reason. Most active, advanced, smart baby. B"H. Ke"h

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:18 pm
My son was born with the cord around his neck twice. He was blue and it took a good few minutes for his normal rose color to appear. He is very fine now. He’s actually vaccuming my hallway now (and trying to see if big blocks will get stuck in the pipe).

Last edited by flowerpower on Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:22 pm
B'H for all these healthy babies. Hashem works miracles every day!

momX4

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:37 pm
One of my kids was born with it 3 times around his neck. I had to stop pushing. Dr cut cord. My ds had a very low score, he was born blueish. It went up right away.

During labor there wasn't really any signs. We lost the baby's heartbeat on the monitor afew times, so I was told to stay on my side during labor and not move. The Dr and nurses were really shocked.

Bh my ds is totally ok.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 2:08 pm
I thank Hashem because my doctor warned me during recovery that DS, now 22, might have issues because cord was around neck twice. I remember how I davened and begged Hashem during recovery. BH, keh he is fine in every way. By the way he was always top student and quite talented.

boots

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 2:21 pm
1 in 3 babies are born with a cord wrapped around the neck.

A normal, healthy umbilical cord is filled with Wharton’s jelly, a soft, gelatinous substance which protects the blood vessels inside the cord. This substance helps to protect the cord against compression as well as true knots (which can occur in around 1% of births) as a result of the baby’s normal movements.

Read more interesting facts https://www.bellybelly.com.au/.....neck/

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 2:25 pm
One of my kids had a true emergency w the cord as they were coming out. I had no idea what was going on. I'm actually still not clear on the details. That child is my most difficult.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics