Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Cribs in Israel

amother

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:18 am
I'm looking into purchasing a crib in Israel. What kinds of cribs are available in Israel? I'm aware that in America people check consumer reports, etc. to ensure that they are getting the safest crib they can find. What options exist in Israel? Can one get the same reputable brands as in America?

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 3:56 am
The two main brands here are Miskal and Shilav. Both are safe, to the best of my knowledge. I'm sure if you looked really hard you could find the "American" brands, but you'll also pay for them. I'm not sure what's more reputable about the American ones than the Israeli ones. And you can't get the US ones serviced here either.

rachel19977

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 4:01 pm
The cribs in Israel are much smaller.

I haven't yet seen the 3 in 1 crib here or the 5 -1 one crib ( that converts into full size bed or toddler bed/love seat) , which I'd love get my hands on.

Usually I go on yahoo groups or janglo and ask people if they are looking to sell their American cribs they bought along with them with Aliyah. If not, there are some cute ones they sell here with hefty price tags, in my opinion... but I'm sure you'll like something. Just make sure to get a good mattress because some come with really thin bad mattresses.

Marion

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 11:44 pm
rachel19977 wrote:

Really? I hadn't noticed. But that makes sense, considering how much smaller the average Israeli room is as well.

rachel19977

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 2:07 pm
Marion wrote:
rachel19977 wrote:

Really? I hadn't noticed. But that makes sense, considering how much smaller the average Israeli room is as well.

You should see the looks on my Israeli friends faces when they see the crib we bought along from the USA! It's HUGE compared to the ones I've seen at friends houses, daycares and baby "Boutiques" - from my double stroller - shop owners like Toys R Us and other Boutiques INSISTING that tricycles, 3-1 cribs, exersaucers, light double 'train' strollers - don't exist!

While one place in the country will carry a exercauser and another store somewhere else in the coutry never heard of it, and while a store in Rosh Pina will import for you your choice of double stroller while another place will insist it's never been done! Confusing! I still haven't found the 3-1 cribs or 5-1 cribs here - I'm sure people on Janglo are selling thier 2nd hand imported items they bought with them from USA.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 2:12 pm
You also have to realize that for some, a 3-1 or 5-1 isn't practical because by the time the 'baby' is ready for a bed, there's another baby in need of the crib...

Something for you to consider... anything you buy second-hand will come with wear and tear and some distress so the safety of the crib is lower.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics