Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chipped tooth

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 6:57 pm
Two of my kids were rough housing on the bus and one of them knocked the other into the window, and he chipped a tooth. He showed me as soon as he got off the bus, and it's very small, not really noticeable (he had to point it out to me) but definitely there. He is otherwise totally fine and not in pain or anything. Should I take him to the dentist? Would the dentist even do anything for a tiny barely-there chip? The affected tooth is one of his permanent teeth, not a baby tooth.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 7:08 pm
If it's a permanent tooth, the dentist will fix it. You don't want him to have a chipped tooth forever

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 7:08 pm
I once chipped my tooth as a kid dentist said if it bothers me they could file my tooth a litte to even it out so the chips not visable

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 7:14 pm
Thanks. He's due for a routine dental checkup about a month from now. Would it be OK to wait till then and have the dentist take care of it as part of the visit?

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 7:24 pm
I would see the dentist right away. You also want him to xray the tooth and do some nerve testing (if he can) because sometimes a bang results in other dental issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics