Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Dear Chassidish women what's the minimum to daven each day?
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:10 pm
Women are not obligated to daven. I try to say brachos and shema every day. We once needed a yeshua for something and our Rebba said I should try to daven one shemonai esrei a day. Some days I get to it and some days I dont. I talk to hashem throughout the day though.

aliavi

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:28 pm
F. Wein wrote:
I find this post so terribly offensive! You belittle the thousands of chassidic women who with mesiras nefesh shave, don't drive and wear short sheitels because they believe it's the right thing to do - and you could include me too. I honestly dont know why I'm responding to your nonsense it just irks me that people post such stupid things.

Oh, I forgot. This discussion is about Chassidic women davening so I will tell you what I do. Shema is the most important tefillah so when I literally have just a few minutes I say Shema. When I can, I also say birchas hashachar and in the afternoon I say tehillim. I am as normal as can be despite shaving, not driving and wearing a short sheitel.

There was no hug button, so I’ll post. I imagine you are very normal and I apppreciate your post.

pause

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:34 pm
F. Wein wrote:
I find this post so terribly offensive! You belittle the thousands of chassidic women who with mesiras nefesh shave, don't drive and wear short sheitels because they believe it's the right thing to do - and you could include me too. I honestly dont know why I'm responding to your nonsense it just irks me that people post such stupid things.

Oh, I forgot. This discussion is about Chassidic women davening so I will tell you what I do. Shema is the most important tefillah so when I literally have just a few minutes I say Shema. When I can, I also say birchas hashachar and in the afternoon I say tehillim. I am as normal as can be despite shaving, not driving and wearing a short sheitel.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Thanks crust for answering so sincerely. I would just Banging head

And thanks, F. Wein, for the laugh! You made my night!!!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:38 pm
Pause I know your offensive post is years old but shame on you for posting such a bashful and insensitive post. I dont understand how it got so many likes. If you want to make fun of people, make fun of yourself.

crust

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
Pause I know your offensive post is years old but shame on you for posting such a bashful and insensitive post. I dont understand how it got so many likes. If you want to make fun of people, make fun of yourself.

Talk about tunnel vision.
Ever heard of satire? Ever heard of satire writtten in an attempt to stop the bashing?

Last edited by crust on Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:

Definition of bashful:
reluctant to draw attention to oneself; shy

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:

I assume pause actually was making fun of herself! She is a chassidish poster and like crust explained, was just making fun of the bashers.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:55 pm
I just spoke to a Chassidish Rav about this last week. He told me that if I have 5 minutes, I should daven brachos; if I have 10 minutes, I should say Shema and Shmoneh Esrei.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 8:57 pm
Well I dont find it funny.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 9:16 pm
Oh pretty please. Amother copper and F. Wein for a the sake of a good joke & a very hearty laugh Rolling Laughter could we all please be friends?
Thank you!
Signed, a very chasidish, frum poster who Davens formally about 4 1/2 times a year Sad.

P.s. Pause that list was awesome! Gonna try to add some to it to excuse more of my non davening status Wink.

pause

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 10:31 pm
amother wrote:

I guess you need to stick around on Imamother a bit longer to find the humor... In the meantime, here you go: Hug Hug Hug Hug

etg

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:12 pm
Tefillah is a chiyuv for women just as much for men. Since women have other obligations, they are not required in any positive commandments that must be performed at a certain time, hence the exemption from shacharis mincha and maariv. However, daily communication with Hashem in your own words, or through birchos hatorah (which can be said all day), is as obligatory to women as it is for men.

pizza4

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 12:45 am
It actually made me laugh out loud! Love the way you wrote it.
(Part of the imamother Experience is to get offended at everything though, don't forget.)

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 12:46 am
I try to say shevach, bakasha, hodaah
Especially if I speak to Hashem in my own words and will ask for something, why not also praise and recognize Hashem and show appreciation ..

Metukah

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 4:38 am
amother wrote:

Has your humerus bone disintegrated? You may need a new one.

Being that you're amother, I can't tell if you're new or not, if you are, welcome, you'll eventually realise this post IS funny, even or especially for us chassidim. If you're not so new, if you haven't got used to this by now, imamother might not be the place for you.

F. Wein

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 5:44 am
crust wrote:
Hi! Welcome to imamother.

Pause is a refined chassidish poster. Knowing who she is I assume this post was written in light of a host of chassidim bashing threads.

I dont know what went on here in 2016 when this post was written but I assume she wanted to put the innocent seeming but not so innocent OP in her place.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

hotzenplotz

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 2:58 pm
I think PAUSE was offensive whether she meant to be or not. oR whether she was chasidish o

or not.

Yael would've taken down this post had there been a "I didnt mean it" kind of joke

about MO life or Lubavitch life.

pause

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 3:16 pm
hotzenplotz wrote:
I think PAUSE was offensive whether she meant to be or not. oR whether she was chasidish o

or not.

Yael would've taken down this post had there been a "I didnt mean it" kind of joke

about MO life or Lubavitch life.

It's not an "I didn't mean it" joke.

WADR, you hadn't been around in March of 2016. You only started being active here in 2017. (Yes, I checked your posting history.) So you don't know what the environment here regarding chassidim was (and maybe still is). We are treated as some kind of freak show. Posters, sometimes innocently, have some kind of absurd fascination about why chassidishe ladies don't drive, how they could shave, how chassidim have s-x, why we have long engagements, how it "feels" to wear seams, why the boys don't have a decent secular education, why we wear formal attire as opposed to casual dressing, what a "band" on a sheitel looks like, and so on...

At some point, enough is enough. And the only response to such idiotic, nosy, and disrespectful questions is humor. Show the person how idiotic the question was by answering what they want to hear: "YES, WE ARE FREAKS!!! Are we good now?"

So, the joke here is that instead of getting defensive about the OP, I was actually trying to offend her for her question. So yeah, it was offensive, but not about chassidim. It was offensive about people who view us as some exhibit in a museum - there for their entertainment and analysis.

hotzenplotz

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 3:34 pm
pause wrote:
It's not an "I didn't mean it" joke.

WADR, you hadn't been around in March of 2016. You only started being active here in 2017. (Yes, I checked your posting history.) So you don't know what the environment here regarding chassidim was (and maybe still is). We are treated as some kind of freak show. Posters, sometimes innocently, have some kind of absurd fascination about why chassidishe ladies don't drive, how they could shave, how chassidim have s-x, why we have long engagements, how it "feels" to wear seams, why the boys don't have a decent secular education, why we wear formal attire as opposed to casual dressing, what a "band" on a sheitel looks like, and so on...

At some point, enough is enough. And the only response to such idiotic, nosy, and disrespectful questions is humor. Show the person how idiotic the question was by answering what they want to hear: "YES, WE ARE FREAKS!!! Are we good now?"

So, the joke here is that instead of getting defensive about the OP, I was actually trying to offend her for her question. So yeah, it was offensive, but not about chassidim. It was offensive about people who view us as some exhibit in a museum - there for their entertainment and analysis.

You couldn't have said it better. Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics