Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Please clarify right way to wash hands

amother

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 9:22 am
1- when washing for bread

2-after using bathroom

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 9:36 am
washing for bread ... with a "qvart"

hold the cup in right hand ... fill with water ... put in left ... pour over right ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ...

keep in left ... refill ... switch to right ... pour over left ... 1 ... 2 ... 3 ...

for the bathroom ... put on soap ... scrub to the tune of "happy birthday" Music ... rinse ... What

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 10:13 am
There are those who hold that after bathroom you also wash normally with a cup, but do it 1 right 1 left, right left, right left.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 10:32 am
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
There are those who hold that after bathroom you also wash normally with a cup, but do it 1 right 1 left, right left, right left.

I know ... I was just playin'

anyways ... for those of you who wash negel vaser after the bathroom ... please first wash your hands with soap shock

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 10:37 am
Amen to the soap comment.

Also, I believe three on each hand before bread is a Chabad Minhag (I used to do that). Others do two on each hand (which is what dh does)

gryp

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 4:59 pm
Quote:
Also, I believe three on each hand before bread is a Chabad Minhag (I used to do that). Others do two on each hand (which is what dh does)

That's right.

Did you go to Camp Gan Israel, Mimi? I've heard so many people say that they learned to wash 3 times each in camp. Smile

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 6:21 pm
sefardim also do 3 on each hand for bread washing.

Most ashkenazim do 2 and 2.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 6:30 pm
No, just at the Chabad House that mekareved me.

gryp

Post Thu, Oct 18 2007, 7:05 pm
Oh, Ok.
I just heard that so many times, someone pipes up, "I learned that in Camp Gan Israel!"

hadassah

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 3:22 pm
There are some ashkenazim who just do one and one but use a lot of water. The idea is to get the hand wet until the wrist, all sides. If you use enough water you don't have to do it twice each hand (once top and once bottom - do you ladies who do it twice know to turn your hand upside down for the second washing? That's the purpose)...as it all gets wet from whatever side you started from...

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 3:38 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Amen to the soap comment.

nope learned the 3 thing way before I ever met a lubavitcher ... so others do 3 as well ... What
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions