Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How can I find out if there are listening devices in my home

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:43 am
I suspect that someone put listening devices or hidden cameras at my home and it’s a long story why but I have a reason to suspect. Is there any professional I can bring to check and see if it’s true?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 10:50 am
Following. STBX (still living under same roof) knows everything that was spoken in the house. For years already. I'm sure there's some kind of listening device.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 12:23 pm
For phone bugging you can have a Verizon guy come down and check out the lines. Maybe they’d be able to guide you regarding what to look out for in other bugs. I’m not sure who else would be familiar with that.. I’m thinking detective or camera company might also be familiar with what devices to search for hidden cameras or bugs.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 12:37 pm
1. Change all internet passwords
2. Get a new phone number/contact provider to ask if they see anything fishy
3. About finding hidden gps, videos, cameras:
https://turbofuture.com/consum.....-Home
4. You can also hire a PI, if the situation is very serious.
hatzlacha

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
I suspect that someone put listening devices or hidden cameras at my home and it’s a long story why but I have a reason to suspect. Is there any professional I can bring to check and see if it’s true?

The only problem with advice on this is that as soon as you start looking for the listening devices, it’s very hard to do covertly! It’s an awful catch-22 situation.

I would just loudly remind people that covert listening devices are against Halacha and hope that whomever is doing it cares.

aliavi

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 12:55 pm
That sounds very unnerving.

Some states have laws about requiring two party consent. Any info gained from surveillance would be tossed out by a government court theoretically, but that may not be so comforting. Not applicable to public spaces.

The internet filter should have a list of sites. There may be WiFi transmitted. If there is surveillance it will likely be internet based because it’s cheaper. I have security cameras so I got some basic info only. Could you possibly consult with a private investigator?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics