Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Sheitel too small, is sheitel macher responsible?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:22 am
I have a sheitel for 9 months (got is as a kallah.) From the beginning it was pretty tight, but I figured it'll stretch and be good, since it was the first time I'd be wearing sheitels I thought perhaps this is the way it feels.

Lately, it's really been hurting me and causing headaches for me so I called the sheitel macher and told her. She told me I should got to the company (Irene) and they'll do it for me. It turns out they charge $55 for this. They need to extend the cap, since it's quite a bit too small.

I'm thinking is it fair that I need to pay for this?
Isn't it the sheitel machers responsibility to properly fit me?
On the other hand, quite some time has passed so perhaps it's not fair to hold her accountable so long afterwards.

What do you think?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:30 am
There are so many factors that can contribute. Did you gain significant weight? Did your hair grow much longer than when you got the wig?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:33 am
You felt it was tight when you tried it on but you did not say anything. I don't see why the sheitel macher should be responsible for this.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:33 am
ShishKabob wrote:
There are so many factors that can contribute. Did you gain significant weight? Did your hair grow much longer than when you got the wig?

Hair's the same length, but I did gain quite some weight, but I thought that the head doesn't expand with weight gain...is that not true?
If so that can be it. Although it was too tight to begin with but not like its aching now.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:34 am
amother wrote:
You felt it was tight when you tried it on but you did not say anything. I don't see why the sheitel macher should be responsible for this.

It was my first time trying on a sheitel. I had no clue how it's supposed to feel like. I though this is how sheitels feel.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:34 am
Weight gain also goes to the head, I know this because when I lost significant weight my wigs got too big on me.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:36 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Weight gain also goes to the head, I know this because when I lost significant weight my wigs got too big on me.

Interesting.. thanks.
So I guess it contributed.

thanks

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:41 am
Think about how a person's face changes with weight gain. The whole head can change subtly, but enough to feel the difference.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:10 pm
The person I buy from guarantees the wig for one year for issues. Did the person who sold it to you give any sort of guarantee? On the other hand, the amount of money isn't too bad considering the repair. Its not like its costing $350 to add hair....

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 11:14 am
I had that with a different wig.
$55 is not too bad.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 11:52 am
Im a sheitel macher Hi
Irene guarantees wigs for 6 months. She probably mentioned that when u were buying it and it went right over your head. I dont think it hurts to ask her to split the cost with you. That being said - Too small is very relative. Some people like snug fits and some like loose, if your hair is showing thru the sides and front that is prob a little bit her fault but if its giving u a headache that probably isnt something she could have anticipated. Kallahs a lot of times learn this lesson the hard way sadly

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 3:43 pm
I don’t think it’s her fault.
How would she know it too tight on you
Did you try on different wigs to see which felt better
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette