Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tights pantyhose - what size does the color thread represent

neverbored

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 4:13 pm
So most companies that the local stores sell do not tag their tights/pantyhose but instead represent their sizes by color thread 🧵 on the waistband. I desperately need help in figuring out which color is which size so I can organize my drawer properly. Do the colors represent the same sizes among all companies? Can anyone help even just one or two sizes/colors? Thank so much in advance..

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 5:37 pm
There's no rhyme or reason, especially if you have a variety of brands.
Why not open them all up and lay them out lengthwise to see which ones are larger and which ones are shorter and then organize accordingly. You may want to get name sticker labels for each child in a different color and stick them on as soon as you open the new packages. They stay on in the wash.

neverbored

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 5:46 pm
Thanks ra_mom!
These are my own tights. Yes, I’ve jumped quite a lot of sizes over the last two years. 🙈 the problem with laying them side to side is that some tights have more stretch than others, so doing that is not foolproof.
I hate that the companies don’t put labels on their tights. 😏

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 5:47 pm
When I have different unlabeled items I try to use a sharpie (silver on black fabrics) to differentiate.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 7:45 pm
Gosh it’s a terror, good luck! I also switched sizes quite a bit and don’t realize I’m wearing a too tight one by mistake till it’s too late to change usually. When I find one that doesn’t fit I immediately put it in the out bag so I don’t make the mistake again but still didn’t get through them all apparently- I also get them mixed up with my nieces over yt and stuff!

Gosh why don’t they label it?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics