Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you clean your toilet brush?
Previous  1  2

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:06 am
ra_mom wrote:
After cleaning the bowl, rinse the brush in the swirling water while flushing. Add a drop more bleach over the brush and then flush again while keeping the brush in the bowl to rinse. Keep holding the brush over the bowl and tap until most of the dripping water is off. Replace into the holder, being careful not to drip on the way. Make sure it's a holder that any extra moisture will evaporate from, instead of pooling and sitting at the bottom.

In addition to the rinsing while flushing take a washing cup or Pail with hot water & rinse over toilet.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
So it’s fine to wash it in the tub that people will bathe in after???
In the sink that a toothbrush might fall into?
I don’t know... there has to be a more hygienic method..,
Maybe leaving it outside in a heavy rain storm?
I’m sorry to be descriptive here but I’m not talking about a toilet brush that was used for washing a toilet. I’m talking about people using it to clean up after themselves... at that time there are usually no cleaning products used.

I don’t think I have seen toilet brushes with holes that people were mentioning.
I just bought a new toilet brush/ even though there was nothing wrong with my old one. It wasn’t $1, it was $6. I can’t replace in all 4 bathrooms after each use.

No it's not ok to wash it in a place other than the toilet which is why many mentioned the toilet washing method.

This brush set is awesome. It does have holes at the bottom to drip down, but not to the bathroom floor, it drips into the base and the water manages to evaporate instead of sit.
https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Gri.....lSrch

Regarding skid marks, hopefully your toilet is a good one and flushing works on the sides of the bowl too. Otherwise pour cleaner over the marks that stick and let it sit before flushing again. Better not to take out the brush for this every time if the people using it don't know how to clean it properly. Otherwise, use disposable gloves and a disposable Clorox wipe or baby wipe.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:44 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
In addition to the rinsing while flushing take a washing cup or Pail with hot water & rinse over toilet.

actually NOT a good idea ... the water in the toilet is cold & the porcelain goddess stays cold ... pouring hot water will potentially crack the material & you will be shEit out of luck !!!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:54 pm
Op, was asking about the toilet brush holder. Op, the only way I could see you get away with it would be to make sure the brush is kind of dry before you put it back into it by banging on the toilet bowl rim with it pretty firmly.
You can clean it by pouring some bleach into it and sloshing it around a bit and then pour it into the toilet bowl. Wipe it with a baby wipe and discard.
Maybe you can line the holder with paper towel and then just throw away the paper towel and put on a new layer each time?
Gloves all the time of course.
Good luck!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:28 pm
My mother-in-law has a very creative way to wash her toilet brush, somewhat similar to Zaq's storage method...

She uses her bathtub to clean it off, scrubbing it all around, from side to side.
Truth is, she actually claims she is "cleaning" the shower and it works well for a scrub brush.

Can't Believe It

Rest assured, I will not shower in her tubs... Fuch.

JewOnThePrairie

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 9:30 pm
Since I use a bleach-based cleaner (clorox clinging bleach gel,) I just rinse mine thoroughly and then set it in the windowsill to dry before I put it away.

dare2dream

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 9:33 pm
I just switched to a disposable toilet brush and I'm so much happier.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:58 pm
... sorry, posted to wrong thread

Last edited by imasoftov on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:07 pm
I use the disposable clorox thingies. After you clean the toilet, you put it over the trash can, press a button, and it falls off.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry