Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Need a Lightweight cheap carseat for air travel

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 11:07 pm
And to be used in my second car.

I don’t take that car that often but when I do I need a good stable toddler car seat. I have a $200 car seat in my main car but it’s so heavy (can’t carry it in the airport... plus expensive) that it’s not worth buying another.

I do travel very often and I think having a car seat that I can fit the plane seat will be helpful. DS won’t be getting a bassinet anymore but he just doesn’t sit nicely on the regular airplane seats. He’s unfortunately too little and active for them. He also manages to slip his tiny body through the seatbelt.

Years ago I remember seeing parents bring car seats that fit well to the airline seats. Anyone know what I’m rambling about?

Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 11:39 pm
Known old is the baby?

nycgal

Post Sun, Jan 06 2019, 11:49 pm
I don’t know about airplane use but the Cosco scenera is very well priced and light.

simba

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:23 am
Speak to the airlines before you fly. Not all allow carseats anymore. And today airplane seats are a lot narrower the most car seats.

I have a cosco as a spare car seat and it does the job as that. Lightweight but still a full harness, good safety ratings and decent comfortable seat.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:32 am
simba wrote:
Speak to the airlines before you fly. Not all allow carseats anymore. And today airplane seats are a lot narrower the most car seats.

I have a cosco as a spare car seat and it does the job as that. Lightweight but still a full harness, good safety ratings and decent comfortable seat.

Can you please post a link? Thanks!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:33 am
Has anyone else flown with a car seat lately?

simcha2

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:44 am
We fly several times a year. We use the cosco on planes. It's relatively lightweight, fits the seats and if you have to check it, is so basic there isn't much to mess up. It also has the distinct advantage of fitting into our umbrella stroller so we can take it out for the day if we are using taxis.

The main disadvantage is it is a pain to move the straps up as your child grows, but as you are unlikely to be moving the shoulder height on vacation it's a minor inconvenience.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:53 am
simcha2 wrote:
We fly several times a year. We use the cosco on planes. It's relatively lightweight, fits the seats and if you have to check it, is so basic there isn't much to mess up. It also has the distinct advantage of fitting into our umbrella stroller so we can take it out for the day if we are using taxis.

The main disadvantage is it is a pain to move the straps up as your child grows, but as you are unlikely to be moving the shoulder height on vacation it's a minor inconvenience.

Thank you! The airlines allow you to use it on the plane? It fits into the seats?

Can you please post a link?

simcha2

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:09 am
SuperWify wrote:
Thank you! The airlines allow you to use it on the plane? It fits into the seats?

Can you please post a link?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cos.....26739

Israeli

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:18 am
We fly pretty often and use the cosco scenera and evenflo tribute. Both are basically the same- basic, light, cheap. I feel like the evenflo is a little narrower so I would check the specs and if so I would probably go with that one just because seats are getting narrower and narrower.
If you have a ticket purchased for the child they cannot stop you from bringing a car seat. It does need to be faa approved but I believe most are. Some flight attendants are ignorant when it comes to car seat regulations so I suggest printing out the faa regulations and keeping it handy so you can show them in case they give you a hard time.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:20 am
https://www.dansdeals.com/poin.....kids/

mommyla

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 11:29 am
I don't know about specific car seats, but the smartest thing I ever did when traveling with a car seat was buy a folding dolly (hand truck) with a telescoping handle and use a bungee cord to secure the seat to it. Instant rolling car seat! So easy because you don't need a stroller (you can check it if you need one at your destination). And the kids loved it.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:54 pm
Israeli wrote:
We fly pretty often and use the cosco scenera and evenflo tribute. Both are basically the same- basic, light, cheap. I feel like the evenflo is a little narrower so I would check the specs and if so I would probably go with that one just because seats are getting narrower and narrower.
If you have a ticket purchased for the child they cannot stop you from bringing a car seat. It does need to be faa approved but I believe most are. Some flight attendants are ignorant when it comes to car seat regulations so I suggest printing out the faa regulations and keeping it handy so you can show them in case they give you a hard time.

Thank you! You’ve been very helpful! Intil now we’ve flown with our Doona and baby was in a bassinet. Last time we flew with a carriage and on the plane he didn’t have any place really Sad as he was too big for the bassinet but too small for the seat.
I’m ordering it. It does have a FAA approval. Thank you all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics