Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Citi Select Lux vs Uppababy
1  2  Next

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:07 pm
Would really appreciate input on the citi select lux stroller. I would love to get the uppababy vista but can't justify paying an extra $300-400.
Is it easy to fold, does it fit easily into your car, easy to push etc.
Any other recommendations for really good strollers comparable to the vista in the $500 price range (or less)?
Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:16 pm
They are both pretty heavy and not that easy to fold. If you’re an in and out of the car person, don’t bother with either. If you’re a walker and will keep the stroller open and out that’s different.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:25 pm
Do you need a second seat? If not, the cruz is an awesome stroller. And uppababy customer service can't be beat, in my experience.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:33 pm
I liked the city select better but the uppababy ended up cheaper so I got that. I'm happy with it. It makes a lousy double compared to the city select though.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:34 pm
pesek zman wrote:
They are both pretty heavy and not that easy to fold. If you’re an in and out of the car person, don’t bother with either. If you’re a walker and will keep the stroller open and out that’s different.

Thanks! I'm both Very Happy I'm a big walker, but I'm also in and out of the car. Any lighter recommendations?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:35 pm
amother look into the cruz if you don't need a huge basket. It's smaller/lighter and about half the price of the vista. It doesn't come with a bassinet or turn into a double but imo the vista is a lousy double.

I'm a walker. I have a lightweight graco for the car.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
Do you need a second seat? If not, the cruz is an awesome stroller. And uppababy customer service can't be beat, in my experience.

This is my first. I'm assuming that with future children I would rather a side by side double. I heard that the uppababy and citi select are difficult to maneuver as a double.
Re the cruz, the wheels don't look very sturdy to me

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:38 pm
the wheels are good. I have family members that have the cruz and they're happy with it. The vista's back wheels are very wide and hard to fit through narrow spaces btw. Why don't you look at it in a store? It's a very well made stroller.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:40 pm
(btw if you make a baby registry at buybuybaby, you can get 10% off uppababy and anything else you buy when you finish your registry)

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:41 pm
Sebastian wrote:
amother look into the cruz if you don't need a huge basket. It's smaller/lighter and about half the price of the vista. It doesn't come with a bassinet or turn into a double but imo the vista is a lousy double.

I'm a walker. I have a lightweight graco for the car.

I would rather not have two separate strollers, would the cruz work well for in and out of the car?
Would you have gotten the citi select over the vista?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 6:41 pm
Sebastian wrote:
(btw if you make a baby registry at buybuybaby, you can get 10% off uppababy and anything else you buy when you finish your registry)

thanks Smile amazon does this as well, but 15% off for prime members

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:06 pm
The Cruz is an excellent stroller. The wheels (and the stroller, too, as a matter of fact,) are sturdy. I think the wheels are actually the same as the Vista, except smaller.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
I would rather not have two separate strollers, would the cruz work well for in and out of the car?
Would you have gotten the citi select over the vista?

I didn't look into the cruz it's definitely smaller than the vista. I liked the city select as a double better than the uppababy. I also liked the push better. In the end I decided to go with the cheaper stroller and got the uppababy.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:44 pm
I use my cruz for walking and for the car. You have to take it apart each time you want to fold it but it’s not a big shlep. The baby is really comfortable in there.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:35 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I didn't look into the cruz it's definitely smaller than the vista. I liked the city select as a double better than the uppababy. I also liked the push better. In the end I decided to go with the cheaper stroller and got the uppababy.

Thank you so much for your input. I plan on finding someone irl who has a citi select and trying it out for weight/fitting into car. This makes me feel less bad about not spending more to get an uppababy vista which everyone raves about but is so darn expensive!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:36 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I use my cruz for walking and for the car. You have to take it apart each time you want to fold it but it’s not a big shlep. The baby is really comfortable in there.

You have to take it apart, even if it has the regular seat attached?! is that common for strollers?

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:38 pm
I can fold my vista without taking it apart so double check about the cruz. The vista is HUGE and is NOT car friendly. When I put it in the car, it takes up the whole trunk.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:41 pm
looks like it folds in one piece if the seat faces out just like the vista. https://uppababy.com/cruz/overview/

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:44 pm
Sebastian wrote:
looks like it folds in one piece if the seat faces out just like the vista. https://uppababy.com/cruz/overview/

You're so sweet! thanks for looking that up for me! I guess what I really need to do is get my lazy self over to a store and test out the cruz since I don't know anyone who owns it.
Just seen it around, and didn't like that the wheels kind of reminded me of an umbrella stroller.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:45 pm
the wheels are the size of the vista's front wheels. They aren't umbrella stroller like at all. But you really need to test it out to see!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics