Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Dirshu Shabbos- What's it like?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:24 pm
Have you gone to a Dirshu weekend event? What was it like? Are you expected to attend all sessions? Did you see your husband at all over shabbos?

goforit

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 11:04 pm
amother wrote:
Have you gone to a Dirshu weekend event? What was it like? Are you expected to attend all sessions? Did you see your husband at all over shabbos?

I was there once as a staff member. Very nicely arranged event. You go to as many sessions as you are up to. Some where in middle of the meal. You see your spouse but not soo much. The kids program is like heaven on this world, every thing a kid can dream off. The staff is very sensitive and caring. Feel free to ask any more questions.

happy mommy6

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:55 pm
Im bumping this up.... did anyone go last year and can update... we are going this year iyh.
Is there a kids program?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:58 pm
happy mommy6 wrote:
Im bumping this up.... did anyone go last year and can update... we are going this year iyh.
Is there a kids program?

I hope you are aware that you cant bring kids. Only nursing babies are allowed. That was stated clearly in the registration form.

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 12:57 am
That's what I thought. I didn't see registration forms, my husband did all that. I hear read first posts, so was checking... if I misunderstood.
I have a 21 month old who im most concerned about, the rest of my kids will be fine, iyh.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 10:11 pm
There was no weekend last year. I went 2 years ago and had a really nice time. There's a great program for the ladies with a variety of interesting speakers. For the meals there was a choice of sep seating or a table for 2. I sat with DH which was really nice...
Motzei shabbos there was a fun program for ladies with crafts and then melave malka.
as far as you 21 month old, you may be able to bring him. They arrange for babysitting and I am pretty sure there were kids that age- not only little babies.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:09 pm
happy mommy6 wrote:
That's what I thought. I didn't see registration forms, my husband did all that. I hear read first posts, so was checking... if I misunderstood.
I have a 21 month old who im most concerned about, the rest of my kids will be fine, iyh.

I went 3 times and I'm really sad that this time we were not accepted ( I still hope for a miracle) last time I went my baby was 19 month old and he was one of the oldest baby's because they only accept nursing baby's and how many 19 month old still nurse. It was a little uncomfortable to come in with such a big baby.

But the shabbos is something that stays with you for a long time

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
I went 3 times and I'm really sad that this time we were not accepted ( I still hope for a miracle) last time I went my baby was 19 month old and he was one of the oldest baby's because they only accept nursing baby's and how many 19 month old still nurse. It was a little uncomfortable to come in with such a big baby.

But the shabbos is something that stays with you for a long time

What does it mean you didnt get accepted? I thought you can just apply and register no? You need to get accepted?

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Jan 08 2019, 11:36 pm
My husband dirshu kollel gave a number of subsidized rates... maybe that's what she means?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 12:50 am
happy mommy6 wrote:
My husband dirshu kollel gave a number of subsidized rates... maybe that's what she means?

You got it. I would pay the full amount too its worth every penny, but dh lost his job Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics