Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO an OOT girls high school

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:46 am
Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice, warm out of town high school? The reason for the switch mid year is that her current school closed. The closer to NY the better, but not a requirement. She's a really good girl, and smart too, but a school with high academic standards wouldn't serve her well. Just looking for a school where the girls are nice and accepting and not going to be too picky in terms of specifically which sect, so long as they are solid & frum.

I'd really appreciate your help as with each passing day she's getting more and more frustrated Sad

eight

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:47 am
Following Smile

simcha2

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 12:51 am
Reenas Bais Yaacov in Edison

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 7:15 am
Further away, but the BY in Denver has worked miracles for a friend of mine's DD

When she came home after her first year, I almost didn't recognizer her. She was so eidel and poised and confident. A real bas Isroel that any mother would be proud of.

Let's just say that before she went to Denver, she was *ehem* challenging.

eight

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 8:58 am
Looking for a girls high school in or travel distance to Passaic , that really embraces yiddishkeit, good middos, derech Eretz etc.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:48 pm
check out NEAT in Providence, Rhode Island. At one point, they were taking anyone who breathed, but they have gotten much more selective in the past 2-3 years. Academics are tracked--- they really work with girls on their own level. about 2/3 of the girls from within providence, remaining from elsewhere (mostly NY/NJ metro area).

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 9:58 pm
Bais Chana Academy in Orange, CT may be a good fit. It is a Chabad school but my family is not Chabad and my daughter does incredibly well there. No judgemental attitudes, steller Limudei kodesh and lumudei chol. Seniors also can take classes in which they earn college credits. Everyone is incredibly warm and friendly.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:39 pm
Bais yaakov machon ora

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:55 pm
Kosloff Torah Academy in Philadelphia

eight

Post Mon, Jan 07 2019, 10:57 pm
Thx:) hopefully something that is not a far commute and not dorming

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 2:54 pm
Does Bais Chana Academy New Haven still have that basketball league where they play against even non jewish girls schools?

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 11 2019, 3:42 pm
http://torahsandiego.com

Torah High of San Diego is a wonderful girls high school in San Diego. Wonderful caring teachers and staff.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
http://torahsandiego.com

Torah High of San Diego is a wonderful girls high school in San Diego. Wonderful caring teachers and staff.

Definitely wonderful, but a little far from NY...

Ive heard nice things about Yeshiva of Greater Washington in Silverspring MD. They room with families, no dorm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics